Chapter 24

~*~

~*~

"It was my mother." I quietly said.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Yuta said.

"It's ok." I wiped the tears on my cheek. "Sorry you have to see me like that."

Yuta snickered, "when will you stop apologizing?"

"Sorry, —" I stopped when I realized what I just said. Then I let out a chuckle.

"This earth is horrible. I wish I could transport everyone to my earth, no— to any earth. No one deserves to live like this." Yuta said, his eyes were reflecting the flickering fire in front of us.

"You're from another earth?"

"Yeah. I am from an earth dimension where gods and monsters exist, but mortals— I mean normal humans are not aware about our existence, unless you tell them, and they believe you." Yuta said.

That doesn't sound bad at all.

I found out that I am not from earth, I'm from the Fire Nation. How did I get here? Why here? Out of all the possible earth dimensions?

Mai.

Victor knows Mai.

Mai also talked about Victor like she knew him. Mai warned me about demigods, and their kind.

Was Mai from this earth? I have a strange feeling that she was not, and I don't like it.

This means she lied to me too.

Why do the people that are supposed to be by my side always lie to me?

I let out a heavy sigh.

"You okay?"

"Mai— she wasn't really my mother y'know. I mean she technically was, because she was all I had that is close to a mother figure."

"It doesn't matter then."

I nodded, agreeing with him. "Makes me wonder what my real mother is like, or was."

My biological mother, the one who was carved into the only marble statue in the institute.

The Fire Lord's wife.

A queen.

A shot of pain came rushing to my head. The block on my mind was reacting again. I took a deep breaths and exhaled, trying to calm down and think of something else.

"You okay?" Yuta held my shoulder to get my attention.

I nodded.