Chapter 61

~*~

~*~

I realized I'd lost track of the time when I saw the full moon was now replaced by the sun.

I was sitting near the river, just listening to the sound of the waterfall, drowned in my own thoughts.

Everyone was waiting for Yuta to wake up. Hopefully soon. Because Sora refused to fly when it wasn't Yuta who guided her.

Yuta and I were supposed to face the dark with tomorrow. But with his condition like this...

I let out a long sigh.

We also had to change our destination now since Yuta was hurt. We were set to go to Omashu, Mark's hometown, a city that remained untouched by the witch. But now we were going to head to the Northern Water Tribe. So that Yuta could get better.

I heard rustling sound of footsteps coming towards me.

Didn't bother to look who it was, I let out a long sigh. "Is Yuta awake?"

There was a long silence, so I took it whoever it was, wasn't going to answer. "If not then, please. I really want to be left alone right now."

"You called me here,"

It wasn't a voice I recognize.

I turned around in alert. There was a middle aged man. Wearing Air Acolytes traditional outfit. Instead of hair, there was a blue arrow on his head.

I shuffled from my sitting position and jolted up to gave him a salute. "Aang!"

Aang was the Avatar before Korra. One of my past lives.

"You've finally connected to your spiritual self." He said with a small warm smile.

"But how?" Was all I managed to say.

"When we hit our lowest point, we are opened to the greatest change." He said. "And I think I know why I'm here,"

"Why is that?"

"The world has changed. Back in my time one of the Avatar's sole duties was to protect the people from the threats inside the bending world. But now you also have to protect them from things beyond this world, this dimension. Although what I had to face was completely different from yours, our situation is actually rather similar than you thought." He explained. "No matter how things may seem to change, you must never forget who you are. So I'm here to give you my wisdom, Juli."

I wasn't expecting this to happen then, but I slowly explained my situation to Aang.

~

I felt something constantly poking my cheek, which made me open my right eye. I took a glance at the person, who cowered away in surprise.

"What are you doing?" I said in confusion.