Chapter 23

A/N: Play the soft BGM attached!

~*~

We got out of the Safe Zone through my usual secret passage way, near my house. We succeeded without getting caught by one of Vernon's henchmen.

I led us to the Natural Portal up north, the one that I used before on the cliff.

"You shouldn't be the one who explains these stuff to him." Yuta whispered to me, making sure Jeno wasn't listening.

"Then how do you think we should get him to trust us?"

"I would've given him the bag of blood and make sure he follows me because I have more." Yuta said.

"You're so terrible."

Then I heard a clicking sound somewhere, not far from us. I stopped immediately and told the boys to stop too.

The sound of a low growl and clicking, it's the infected.

I looked to my right, and I found one standing about 10 meters away from us.

"It's just one of them," I faintly whispered to Yuta. "Don't make any noise,"

Right after I said that, Jeno decided to speak. "What is that thing?" He said, a little too loud.

The infected, with her head deformed as a fungi, looked to our direction and immediately ran to us.

I ran towards it as it was running towards me, and I punched the air to let out a stream of fire. Like a flamethrower would do, the infected was burning and I went back to the boys.

"Let's go, before it attracts more of them." I said and ran with them.

"What is that thing??" Jeno demanded as we ran up to the hill.

"They're called clickers, the third stage of the virus. That is what you'll look like after hosting it for months." I answered immediately to shut him up. "And don't get bitten by them."

I found the small house that we spend the night at, and quickly ran to it.

I opened the door, waited for the guys to get in and closed the door shut. I leaned my head to the door and was trying to catch my breath.

"Wait— Juli." Jeno said, in between his breaths.

"What?"

"Virus? What virus? Like the Walking Dead and Resident Evil virus?"

"Wh— What do you mean? You've never—"

Oh. That's right. He isn't from around here. Now how should I explain this to him?

How should I explain this as if I were explaining to Jaemin?

I shot a look at Yuta, asking for help. Instead of doing that, he looked away like he didn't have the energy to do it.