Chapter 65

~*~

~*~

Suddenly the blue fire wall slowly turned to green from the left, all the way to the right.

"You both are unnecessarily so loud,"

The witch appeared in front of the throne, just below the fire wall. Juli recognized her. She had met her through the visions she'd had. That night when she and the guys were trapped in winter. The night when Hwayoung finally talked to her before she revealed herself as the Avatar to the world.

It was her. Her snake-like pupils, her long black hair like Hwasa, and the laugh that she let out at the sight of them.

"I thought Victor had gotten rid of one of you."

"We don't have to fight." Juli began, and Yuta looked at her like she was the craziest, or yet, the stupidest person. "You have all the power to end this madness and leave in peace. None of us should get hurt."

Both Juli and Yuta couldn't see her face well, only her glowing snake-like pupil. But they knew that she was boring her eyes at what Juli had said.

"You're still a naive child. And here I thought you have become a fully realized Avatar, ready to kill me," she said.

"Give up, Hwayoung!" Yuta said, quite aggressively. Like he was desperate. "You and your brainless army don't stand a chance. Unlike the Fire Nation we are ready and you're going down."

Hwayoung chuckled, "ouch. Juli, if I were you I'd take offense on that one."

"Enough jokes, witch."

With that, Yuta began to attack. Juli had no choice but to back him up. What was she doing? Why did she suddenly lose her confidence, like she wasn't sure what she was doing? She was also noticing that no matter what you throw on Hwayoung, she would just block it with her magic forcefield.

Yuta was close enough to the witch and was about to blow a punch to her face when she suddenly held her hand up, making Yuta fall to his knees. Curling on the floor, moaning in pain.

It was the same power that Hwasa had displayed. A power similar to Jennie's. A power to invoke pain in someone.

"What's wrong, child?" Hwayoung asked Juli, like she was concerned. "Is that hesitation I see? Why are you hesitating to attack me? Are you just gonna let him fight on his own?"

Yuta continued to groan in pain, and for the first time, she was experiencing fear. True fear. She took steps back away from the witch while eyeing Yuta. She was scared— scared of Hwayoung. Scared if Yuta will die because of her. Scared if all her friends are going to die because of her. Because it seems like it. It seems that everything will go wrong because of her.

You are a coward. Everything happened because of you. And now you are given a chance to fix it you're still a coward and you're about to fuck it up.