Chapter 68

~*~

~*~

Four years later

Juli stared at the mirror, at the most beautiful, white wedding dress that she had picked herself. She smiled ear to ear at the view, her eyes became watery.

"Why are you crying?"

She blinked her tears away and chuckled at the princess. "Sorry— I was just— I'm just so happy for you. For you both."

Princess Fei huffed at her own reflection and stared at the dress skeptically, "I don't know," she scrunched her nose. "I feel like this one makes me look fat."

"Fei..." Juli scolded and sighed. "I'm sure Yuta would love it."

"He will love me if I'm fat?" Princess Fei raised her eyebrows at Juli.

"No...I mean yes of course! He will love you, no matter what. But that's not what I meant; I know he will love that." Juli smiled, referring to the dress. "He will love anything on that you wear anyway."

Princess Fei scowled at her answer, unamused. "I know I look good in anything but— you're not helping! You're supposed to be helping me pick the best dress!"

"We are at the most extravagant, most expensive boutique in the whole Northern Water Tribe, Fei." Juli sighed. "Anything from here would be the best dress."

After hours of debating which dress was the one, the princess of the Northern Water Tribe finally chose the one which was Juli's first choice. They got out of the fitting room, to show Ten the dress.

Ten turned his wheelchair around and immediately smiled as soon as his eyes landed on the dress, and at his bestfriend. His eyes flooded by tears.

"Wh... why is everyone crying??" the princess asked, totally puzzled.

"I'm just happy for you. For both of you." Ten said referring to her and Yuta.

Princess Fei widened her eyes at the answer, feeling like she was having déjà vu.

It's not even your wedding day yet, and we all are already crying happy tears, Juli thought with a smile.

"Ahhh I just got reminded the moment when Juli was crying a river for me."

"You were literally dead!"

The three of them could only now laugh at the past.

~

"How'd it go?" Taeyong asked as soon as Juli entered her room.

After she helped Princess Fei with her wedding dress, she went back to the Fire Nation Royal Palace that night with Naga. The Fire Nation was still in the process of rebuilding, though it was almost complete. Maybe by the end of next month, it would be just like before the witch burned the whole nation down. With all the help and the advanced technology that they had, rebuilding a whole nation was much faster. People also slowly coming in to live in the city, and a lot of the past citizens of the Fire Nation also went back. Even the small islands were almost full already. The palace ground was not deserted anymore like it was for the first few months. More and more people came to work in the palace.