Chapter 69

~*~

~*~

Coronation Day

"Visit us someday, Jules!" Jennie said over the Iris message.

"I will!" She grinned at her ex-roommate. "Say hi for the others for me!"

The said goodbyes and the rainbow disappeared. She was happy to hear that the institute was fully operational again, with the rest of the three council members running the institute together. Rosé, Irene, Wendy, and Jennie were back in the institute to help around and also to train more. And as for Victor... her uncle... he was locked up in the Boiling Rock. The famous Fire Nation prison which was now operational again.

Juli went back to the palace from the garden and walked inside the throne room for the last time before she left for Ba Sing Se. She'd spent her entire morning walking inside the palace, memorizing every bit of the place as if it was her last day there. She wondered if Mai used to live in the palace too? Or did she live outside the palace?

Why are you acting like this? It's not like you're banished from the palace once your bestfriend is crowned Fire Lord.

Juli, along with Jaehyun, had made a lot of changes to the palace. The first thing they did was putting down her father's giant statue in front of the throne room's entrance. Why was that even there in the first place? And why hadn't Hwayoung destroyed it into tiny little pieces? At least that was what she would do if she were her. She also didn't have fire wall separating the higher platform and the throne where she used to sit for the past four years, with the lower floor where everyone else would be standing. She figured it was to intimidate people who would face the Fire Lord coming into their throne room in the past. She didn't want that. She wanted everyone to feel welcome and be friendly and trusting with her. Not fear her.

She would only hope Jaehyun would do the same with the fire wall.

"My Lord,"

She stopped in front of the throne and turned on around. "That term you use is for Fire Lord Jaehyun now, Seulgi." Juli said.

"I'm sorry, princess." Seulgi, their general, kept her head low as she talked to her. "But you will still allow me to call you princess, right?"

Juli let out a chuckle. "That one is fine. But I'd rather you call me Juli. We're friends, general."

"Please just call me Seulgi."

"Only if you start calling me by my name too."

"Alright. Juli."

Juli smiled softly at her friend. "What has brought you here?"

"I was wondering where you were, because I was just only trying to remind you that the coronation will start in a few."