Chapter 08

~*~

~*~

All I could feel was the cold.

Running from the tip of my toe all the way up to my head. My eyes fluttered open and the fluorescent light came to my sight like thousand tiny needles piercing into my eyeballs. I squinted due to the harsh lighting.

I thought I would wake up inside the restraining chamber again, but I woke up on a bed tucked inside a fluffy warm comforter. The cold was inside of me, in my bones.

"You're finally awake."

I heard a feminine voice on my right said.

Her hair was tied into a tight, low ponytail. She had soft smokey eye makeup on and she was wearing a hooded black robe. I thought it was only her makeup, but her hands and face complexion were the same shade, which was super pale. It was inhumane to look that pale but still looking good.

She reminded me of two things: vampire, bounty hunter.

"Where am I?"

Could she be a bounty hunter?

If so, why am I tucked nicely in a blanket?

"Uh, the dormitory, you silly. Where else would it be?"

I scanned around the room. Red wallpaper was plastered on the wall and the crown moulding was a meander pattern.

The girl's side was already filled with her things. Her study table full of books, pencils, and painting brushes whereas mine was empty.

The girl snap-closed the book that she was reading and stood up from her bed. "The President asked me to take you to his office once you're awake." She walked closer and looked down on me with an eerie smile. "Now that you are I will escort you before my class starts."

~

The vampire girl led me through series of hallways and corridors.

When you step outside of the dormitory room, the design of the place changed from Greek into Victorian. The ceiling was ridiculously high, with lots of big fancy looking chandeliers and gothic sconces along the wall.

Oddly enough, I haven't seen a single person roaming around. All I could hear was the thumping sound of the vampire girl's high boot heels against the marble floor.

"Where is everyone?" I quietly asked.

The girl looked over her shoulder in front of me and smiled, "it's still an hour 'till any of the classes start. You won't see anyone until it is 10 minutes before the classes start."

I studied the black robe that she was wearing. The hood was hanging at her back, the edge of it was decorated with a very dark red and lighter red meander pattern again.

As we got into what looked like the main hall, there was a gigantic Hellenistic sculpture of a woman in the middle of the hall. There, right above the funny dressed woman statue, hung a ridiculously fancy looking big chandelier. It was there as if it was meant to be the center of attention. Not to be mistaken, the attention really goes to the statue. The chandelier was just there to point it out, hey look at this giant woman with pointy shoulder outfit and pointy shoes.