Chapter 42

A/N:

If you have NOT read the Percy Jackson book series (along with the sequels and spin offs), please don't mind this author note. ENJOY!

If you HAVE read PJO, please do read:
If something doesn't make sense to you, or you think something doesn't exist in the PJO AU, please note that it is something I completely made up by myself. You will know what I'm talking about. I will explain further on the author note at the end of this chapter as usual. ENJOY!!

 ENJOY!!

~*~

Yuta decided that we should split up, so that we didn't draw unnecessary attention to ourselves.

The smell of three demigods, not to mention two of them being the Big Three's, is already like waving a bit neon sign to the monsters.

I refused to be separated from Yuta, because of his condition. So I insisted that we go together, and we did. But Jaehyun was with us.

Grumpy, pouty, quiet Jaehyun.

I still couldn't point out why he was acting the way he was right now.

Even when we were cramped up inside the crowded subway, with the crowd pushing me to him until there was no more space between us, he still wasn't saying anything. He was holding on to the railing above and there was too little of space for me to hold on to it, so I put my hands on him instead.

He looked way too uncomfortable. He was looking out of the window, refusing to meet my eyes.

I never know how to comfort someone. I am always afraid to say the wrong things, or say something stupid to make the matter worse. So for most of the time, I always end up doing nothing.

We got off at Ginza and made our way to our meeting point, in front of the giant clock. Each of the small groups were assigned to different locations near the clock, to watch for Hwasa.

Xiaojun was blessed with a foresight and told us the exact table and time that Hwasa will be at in the cafe.

Jaehyun walked way ahead of me and Yuta. And because of that, he noticed the tension between me and Jaehyun.

We arrived at our location, across of Hwasa' cafe. Once Taeyong and Xiaojun got her, Taeyong will shadow travel to a closed retail store nearby. Then we all are going to meet there.

The three of us were standing side to side, but Jaehyun was standing way too far from us. Now this is starting to get under my skin.

No, I was actually worried about him. Come to think of it, he never really talks about himself with me.

Wait a second, I know nothing about him.

I walked over to where he was standing.

Jaehyun noticed that I was walking closer to him so he walked away.