Chapter 49

A/N: put on the music 🥰

~*~

This has got to be the longest night of my life.

After Taeyong left, I walked around the palace trying to find one of the guys.

I found Xiaojun.

He immediately ran to me. I told him everything that has happened, minus Taeyong, and after that I cleaned myself up.

Now, I was in the common room. With the guys and Prince Yangyang.

I was glad that Mark was okay, sitting right next to me safe and sound. The prince too.

"I told you, the king suggested that we have to get her out of here—now." The prince insisted.

My chest felt cold. Like a concrete drying there. I couldn't get my mind focused on this conversation that we were having.

My mind was somewhere else. Thinking of someone.

"Who else knows about this plan?" Ten stopped walking in circle behind the sofa in front of me.

"Just me and my father." Prince Yangyang said, he eyed Yuta who was sitting on my right. "Look, I think the best place for her right now is the Northern Water Tribe, they have the strongest military after us. Some of us would have to travel with eel-hounds to get there before the Avatar does and let the chief know about this."

"I guess it's time to visit home," Ten smiled. "Xiaojun, how 'bout you?" Ten looked down at Xiaojun's back.

Xiaojun shifted his gaze and smiled at me, nodding. "I'll go with Ten." He said and stood up from the sofa.

Xiaojun and Ten left the room.

I couldn't look at any of them. I was ashamed.

"I'll go with Hendery and fill him in on everything." Jaehyun said as he exited the common room.

"Alright." The prince stood up, and looked at the three of us. "I guess the four of us will go together." He said.

~

The four of us waited at the back of the Royal Palace for our ride.

"Hey," Yuta approached me and put a hooded cloak around me.

I didn't want to go with Yuta. Not for now. Because it was confusing. I thought after my encounter with Taeyong, it would become clearer.

It's okay, you know, to love them both. Ten once said to me.

But I was afraid it wasn't just two anymore.

Then I heard a low deep growl from the sky, and a giant, furry bison with six legs and sharp horns on its head landed in front of us.