Chapter 12

~*~

~*~

I was on my way to my first class in the institute, Introduction to Magical History.

I was walking alone, and people kept staring at me as they passed by.

Why are they staring at me? What did I do this time?

Then it hit me, maybe because I danced with Xiaojun the other night. Or maybe I was always with Hendery.
I shook my unnecessary thoughts away. I tried to act like it didn't bother me, hoping that I would just slide the hallway without anyone noticing me.

But it was impossible, I already had such an impression.

"Juli,"

My heart stopped and I looked up to find out who called me. As soon as my eyes landed on the maroon velvet suit, I immediately recognized who it was.

I quickly turned around and continued to walk.

"Juli! Wait!" Victor said.

Now the students were giving me questioning looks.

Like how is she that important that the President is chasing after her? What does the President want with a Dummy?

"Stop wasting our time, Victor." I snapped and glared at him. "You want me to stay here? Fine. It's not like I have any other choice, right? But let's just skip the bullshit. I don't need you checking in on me like you were my—" I felt like I was choking when I was about to say the word.

"I just wanted to make sure if everything is fine..." Victor said.

I breathed in and exhaled. "Well, it is. If I need something, I'll go to you, right? Now if you'll excuse me..." I turned on my heels and was about to walk.

"Juli, I'm sorry if I've done something to you, but I just want our relationship—"

"I'll talk if you answer everything I asked before. Everything." I said.

"But I did!"

My blood boiled. I curled my fists.

"Why are you telling me to be just a firebender? What the hell does this mean?" I said as I pointed at the scar that was wrapped with a cloth.

"I'm sorry, you're not ready for that."

"'Thought so," I mumbled. "Have a good day."

"Juli—" Victor called me again but I kept walking.

I walked fast enough disappearing into the crowd. I turned to my right and waited for Victor to go the other way.

I had an idea, I have to look for something inside of his office.

~

I walked all the way back to where I came, and it led me to the Main Hall.