Chapter 39

~*~

~*~

"And I am the Princess of the Fire Nation,"

Everyone dropped dead silent, every single one of their attention were at me.

My eyes caught Taeyong's in the crowd, not far from where I was standing at. His eyes widened in bewilderment, he was looking at me with that what have you done look.

The benders in the crowd glared at me, and were ready with their elements to attack me.

The vampires red eyes glowed, and the werewolves yellow eyes sparked with excitement at me.

The demigods got their weapons ready.

Everyone was ready to attack me.

Then Mark suddenly landed in front of me,

Then Ten, with water slithering on his arms,

Then Xiaojun, pointing his bow and arrow at the crowd,

Taeyong stood beside me,

And finally, Jaehyun.

They were all shielding me from the crowd.

"Don't look so surprised, Avatar," Ten smirked. "—princess, whatever."

"My father is so not going to be happy about this." Xiaojun said.

"Team Avatar, let's go!" Mark happily exclaimed and the five of them marched to the crowd.

I helped Hendery get Yuta up as the rest of the 127 were fighting off the crowd who were trying to get to me.

Hendery let Yuta go and went to fight off the guards and Victor.

I was left alone with Yuta. My hands were trembling uncontrollably, my whole body was. I didn't know what to do.

What's going to happen next?

Then Jisoo stood in front of me.

I thought she was about to attack me, but she bent down and opened her water skin—water container that waterbenders carry around—and bend the water to cover her hands. She placed it on top of Yuta's scar on the back, from the lightning strike.

She was healing him.

"Jisoo—" I started.

"Don't thank me, Juli." She smiled above her glowing hands on Yuta. "This is what friends do," she said. "We stick together, no matter what."

I bit my lip and held back my tears.

Yuta cringed, and I squeezed his hand, which he returned.

"Juli," he managed to say.

"It's okay Yuta, we will get out of here."

I looked around, and realized that we were losing.

The 127 were cornered by the crowd. Taeyong needed to help Hendery to fight the guards. I needed to help them, but I couldn't leave Yuta behind.