Chapter 06

~*~

~*~

I couldn't feel my hands. I actually couldn't feel my whole body, but I could hear a rustling sound somewhere in front of me.

"I know you can hear me," a guy said, a voice that I couldn't recognize. "And I really wanted you to know that what you made Hendery do... was a mistake."

What??

Then I suddenly remembered everything that had happened.

Hendery betrayed me, and he let them took the boys away. I have to wake up and look for them, but I am still seeing nothing but darkness.

"You'll pay for it."

Then I heard footsteps slowly stomping away from where I was.

~

After a while, I could hear another voice.

"Juli, I'm so sorry."

It was Hendery.

"I didn't know they were going to take the boys like that."

But he did nothing to prevent them from taking Jaemin and Renjun!

"I only wanted you to know that they are safe."

And then after that, a few seconds of silence.

"I really hope that you would wake up soon so I can explain this misunderstanding."

As the matter of fact, I actually want to hear nothing from him.

~

"You know, you shouldn't have had waterbend in front of Hendery."

My eyes were finally opening. It felt so heavy like my eyelids were glued to my waterline.

The first thing I saw was my hands, locked with a pillory.

A pillory.

Am I in the 19th century now?

I was sitting on a wooden floor, in the corner of this small room. My body was leaning to the right on a wooden wall.

Everything here was wooden.

My body was still feeling so heavy I doubt I could move around. I couldn't even lift my head up straight.

"What did you do to me?" I managed to say.

Even talking felt like the hardest thing I could do at the moment.

"Nothing harmful was done to you, Lin only blocked your chi." The man said.

I wasn't inside a room, I was imprisoned.