Chapter 18

~*~

~*~

A punch landed on my face.

Then again,

And again, but this time from under my chin.

A kick was directed right into my stomach and it sent me flying back, then eventually landed facing the ground.

Breathing was hard. I could feel sweat dripping from my forehead all the way down to my jaw.

It was rumored that the princess is— or was the Avatar, Seulgi had once said.

What if it's true? What if I am the Avatar and everyone wants to hand me to the dark witch?

"Juli!"

I heard someone called my name somewhere in the crowd.

"Get up! Get. Up!"

My ears were buzzing and my vision was a bit blurry.

I couldn't take another blow. My head fell to the ground and then everything was black.

~

"How do you always end up... in the infirmary?"

As soon as I was healed by Lucas from what I got in Combat class, I decided to practice my moves in the indoor gym.

I kept punching the punching bag, not even knowing what to do.

"Juli..." Hendery called.

I still kept punching, hoping that he would let this go and leave me alone.

"Where were you?" I didn't stop punching.

"Excuse me?"

"You were gone for two days, where were you?" I said as I gave another blow.

"It doesn't matter, I—"

I punched the bag hard enough and I was using a bit of fire on my fist. The rubber melted and it created a hole. Sand started to ooze out of the punching bag.

"You aren't telling me shit and you expect me to talk to you?" I said as I glared.

Hendery kept staring at me with sadness in his eyes. He looked like he wanted to say something but decided not to, like he always did.

I felt bad for coming at him like I just did.

I let out a deep sigh. I stepped forward and pulled him into my embrace.