Chapter 10

~*~

~*~

I just realized something.

Jaehyun's voice sounded familiar, because he visited me when I was still unconscious in the restraining chamber.

"Juli," Yuta called me and I quickly turned to him. "Are you okay?" Yuta stormed off to where I was and held my shoulder.

I was surprised, he didn't seem to be the type to show sentiment like this. I just nodded slowly. I stared at the floor. "Is Hendery okay?"

Yuta took a deep breath, like he was hesitating to answer. "I don't really know what's going on, since I am not that close with Hendery." He said, with a soft voice. "But we all notice that he has been acting... distant."

"How?"

"He has been avoiding us lately, and Taeyong said he hasn't come to sleep at the dorm at night for days now."

Taeyong?

"Did he really kill someone?" Yuta eyed me, in a serious manner.

"They were—They were..." I felt a tingling sensation on the cuts on my arm, remembering that night. "He saved me."

Yuta sighed, "I see." He said quietly. "Alright, I think the tour is over. See ya around, Juli." Yuta waved at me and walked away.

~

"Jennie," I said, while she was combing my hair.

"Yes?"

"Are you in arts style?"

"Fighting style," she said while looking at me in the eye before turning away to put on her black robe.

"What if I'm not good in both fighting and arts? Don't they have science or something?" I said, while looking at my own reflection on Jennie's mirror.

"Unless you're a waterbender or the son of Apollo, you pretty much have no choice. Even demigods like the children of Apollo are born to fight. That's why they have ADHD, it gives them better reflexes when they're fighting."

But I am a waterbender too.

Something doesn't make sense. Why would Victor want me to say that I am a firebender? I haven't even figured out which element I prefer.

"We have to go now, we are late." Jennie said.

I wrapped my cuts with a cloth to cover it up and Jennie threw me a black robe of my own. I put it on and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Let's go, 'can't wait to introduce you to my friends."

~

Jennie led me to where the dinner was held. Apparently, students here go to the Dinning Hall to have dinner and dance every night.

I couldn't believe it until I saw it for myself.