Chapter 11

~*~

~*~

Why do I care so much about a person that I just knew for a couple of days?

Since knowing that something was somehow wrong with Hendery, and Jaehyun blaming me for what happened to him, I felt something else more than just guilt.

I was so worried, that I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I should be in the Dining Hall, with my friends, eat dinner, and heck maybe dance afterward. But I couldn't do it. All I wanted to do was to find Hendery, and nothing could stop me at the moment.

Of course, I didn't know where to look, nor do I have any idea where I was going. I luckily remember the familiar hallway that Hendery and I were using to go to the hedge maze at the back of the institute. The hallway was lit better than the rest as it was way brighter. There was a familiar looking giant door that literally was screaming I am the backdoor.

Could Hendery be in Lotus City?

When he described Lotus City, he sounded like it was his favorite place in the entire world.

I pushed open the door and it made a loud creaking sound. I was immediately greeted by the strong, howling wind. As it hit my skin I shivered, but I continued to walk nonetheless. I walked down the stairs, leading to the hedge maze.

Something caught my attention. There was a rustling sound of someone stepping on the dry grass somewhere on my right. I stopped on my track and took a right turn, following the noise.

I spotted a figure, looking over Lotus City from the balcony.

I had to stop myself and stared at the breathtaking view before I approached the figure. I was hoping that it was Hendery. The silhouette of the figure looked more like him as I got closer. Then I reached out my hand to tap his shoulder.

He turned all of a sudden just when I was a few inches away from tapping his shoulder. He grabbed my hand, a very tight, strong grip. Then he pulled me closer.

I flinched in pain and tried to take back my hand.

From glaring, Hendery's eyes softened as he realized who I was. He let go of my hand and stepped back. "I'm sorry— I thought you were— Are you okay?" His voice turned from being surprised to sounding like he was worried. He stepped forward, closer to me, and nudged my shoulder.

"What are you doing here alone?" I asked, ignoring his question.

His expression turned dark all of a sudden. "You shouldn't be here, you should be in the Dining Hall."

"Well, I was actually, but I needed to get out of there. I'm not used to be around so many people at the same time." I lied and I smiled at him. "You know, it's kinda overwhelming."

"Don't worry. I'm still not used to it either. I don't think I'll ever be." Hendery chuckled.

I leaned on the railing and took in the view of Lotus City from the institute. "I don't think I will get used to this either," I said, referring to the view.