Chapter 36

~*~

~*~

Neither of us dared to say anything. It was an awfully awkward silence.

"What?" Yuta said casually and shurgged, "you don't want my help?" He snickered. "Fine." Then he turned around to walk away.

What is he up to?

"Wait!" I immediately said, stopping him from walking away.

"Juli," Taeyong warned softly, which I ignored.

"We leave before sunrise." I said.

Yuta nodded over his shoulder and walked away.

I grabbed Hwasa's picture and ready to exit the office.

"Juli, listen to me." Taeyong held both of my shoulders to get my attention. "We can't go to my Earth. There are too much danger."

"Then you don't have to come," I said and moved his hands away.

"He's right," Hendery said, making me stop on my track. "Once you're there, they will know and they will hunt you down."

"Who? Who's gonna hunt her down and why?" Jaehyun asked, completely not having a clue.

"I make my own decisions," I said while eyeing both Taeyong and Hendery. "I'd rather die trying."

"Whoa whoa time out. Nobody's gonna die, okay?" Jaehyun said. "And hello?? Juli??" He waved his hand at me like an idiot. "I'm here too, and willing to help too, aren't you going to explain what's going on?? Why am I the only one who doesn't seem to know about this?"

Hendery and Taeyong exhanged looks before looking back at me.

"I—" I sighed. "Give us a minute, we'll meet you guys outside." I said to Hendery and Taeyong.

They both wasted to time and exited the office, closing shut the door.

Jaehyun looked at me nervously, waiting for me to speak.

But I couldn't get anything out.

"Well??" He demanded.

Will he change his mind about me after this? Of course he will. He's from the Fire Nation. His family and home were destroyed because of my parents.

"What if I'm not the person who you think I am?" I said, avoiding his eyes.

"I don't care, just tell me what's going on."

"Can't you connect the dots?"

"No, I can't, Juli. That's why I need you to explain it to me. Because it doesn't make sense."

"What? What doesn't make sense to you?"

"What Hendery said just now, and why you're looking for Hwasa."