Chapter 07

~*~

~*~

"What are we doing? We were supposed to find my brothers." I said, frowning at Hendery who was pigging out on his flaming fire flakes, he said.

He insisted that I had to eat because I'd lost a lot of blood. He bought me a small bag of the spicy Fire Nation's traditional snack, flaming fire flakes.

But the problem is, I don't eat spicy food.

"Try this." We stopped at another food tent and Hendery paid for another weird looking snack. "These are called fire gummies."

Hendery stood in front of me and fed me what looked like a Daifuku, but tasted like gummy bears.

I tried to avoid his eyes,

I just can't look at him right now. With the city being lit by a beautiful variety of colored Chinese lanterns, pink cherry blossom petals falling down slowly from the tree covering the street, and Hendery kept smiling at me while saying stupid stuff that made me feel like I could combust into ashes and then feeding me?

It was too good to be true, and my head hurt.

"I told you they are fine. They are probably eating dinner with their new foster family right now."

"New foster family?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

Hendery took another bite full of fire flakes, "oh I forgot to tell you they are adopted by humans now. They have a home. So you don't have to worry while you go to school—"

"Hendery," I said, my eyes felt hot. "I need to see them now."

He stared at me and blinked as if he was surprised that I seemed so sad. He stopped chewing and put down his fire flakes.

I felt sorry for ruining his time with his snack, but I needed to see the boys more than anything right now.

He took my bag of fire flakes and put them down on the food tent table, then he took my wrist. "Come on."

Why did he do that? Why is he holding my hand?

"We are gonna pass the heart of the festival. Everyone is there, so there's a possibility Jaemin and Renjun are there." Hendery said while we were trying to squish between the crowd to pass.

"You can let go of me I can see where you are going." I said.

He chuckled lightly. "Well, I can't afford to lose you." He said, looking like he just realized that it sounded wrong. "I don't want Victor to banish me." He said.

I looked away, feeling slightly disappointed.

We finally got out of the crowd only to be stopped by the Dragon Dance performance, Hendery said.

Everyone was circling around the performers. They had a band playing their music while two men were dancing to it. We had to go around the performance area, so we got into the crowd again.