Chapter 30

A/N :
ATTENTION!!
Make sure you've read the previous chapters (28 and 29). Some of you guys were confused and asked who's who and why certain events never took place. I updated twice last week soooo make sure you've read both before continuing lol
Now enjoyyy!!!!
xoxo

 I updated twice last week soooo make sure you've read both before continuing lolNow enjoyyy!!!!xoxo

~*~

"Let's do it," I said quietly as I stared on my feet, not at the view of Lotus City and the institute.

"What?" Hendery asked.

"Run off, to a nice place somewhere. You and I, we can make it." I said.

It sounds mad when I say it out loud, but I meant every word I said.

Hendery didn't say anything afterward, he just kept silent.

"With my brothers too." I added.

And still no response.

I looked over to him who was lying his back on the huge tree we were under. His eyes stare into the air in front of him, not the view.

After he was treated by Lucas because of his injuries from helping the ambush of the monsters, he was so restless. Victor kept pressuring him into talking and he seemed to be so bothered by it. That was why I brought him here up the hill, away from the crowd.

He is like me, we both hate the crowd.

Then he blinked as if he just realized that I was talking to him.

"What?" He asked innocently.

"I said, we can run away to wherever we want. And be away from all of this madness."

Hendery knitted his eyebrows together. "What about your brothers?"

"We can take them with us."

"But they will only be in more danger."

"I can't leave them."

"Nowhere is safe, Juli. We all have to stick together—to survive." Hendery said.

"Do you know why the monsters were here?" I asked.

Hendery kept his silence again.

I sighed, "you can't keep me in the dark forever. You know that, right?"

Hendery was staring at the air in front of him, his eyes were lifeless. I don't even think he was enjoying the beautiful view.

"This is a very stupid question, but are you okay?"

Hendery still didn't respond.

I shook his arm gently. "Hendery, I'm very worried."

"You know that I will never hurt you, right?" Hendery suddenly snapped out of his own thoughts.