Chapter 62

~*~

~*~

"Welcome back, Avatar."

The chief himself greeted us before we could've made our way to the palace's throne room. Guards stood next to him protectively.

"And everyone." He smiled warmly to the rest of us, before shifting his attention back on me. "I believe you and your friends had rough journey to here,"

"And it's freezing here!" Mark blurted out.

The chief let out a chuckle, "maybe some hot tea will warm us up." He said. "Come on, the rest of the nations' leaders are inside."

We were finally led inside the throne room after the chief. Seats were already arranged in the middle of the enormous throne room, circling a massive map of the four nations.

The girls walked away from me, like they knew where they were supposed to be seated already. I looked around, waiting for someone to tell me where to sit because all of them seemed to know their respective seats. My final resolve was to look for Taeyong, but he too was already seated somewhere on the right side.

"Juli,"

I turned around and found Yuta.

Yuta led me to our seats, that were on the left side of the room. Yuta took the seat next to chief, and the other nation leaders. I took the remaining seat after him, and next to my other side was Jaehyun.

The meeting hasn't started yet, and everyone was having conversation with each other. Their voices echoed through the icy throne room. As if it was possible, I felt even colder than before.

Yuta next to me was having a conversation with the chief next to him. I felt eyes on me too. Fingers being pointed at me. I thought in here, people would be nice. Since they were the ones who agreed to cooperate.

But all I could feel were their glares and judging looks. Like they were doubting me. I heard whispers, people talking behind my back, instead of complimenting me in person.

Because they were supposed to celebrate the Avatar, right? Not the other way around. Not like this.

I felt alone in this room full of people.

"Everything is going to be fine,"

I looked at Jaehyun in alarm.

"Ignore them." Jaehyun continued. "They don't know what you're capable of." He said without looking at me.

The chief cleared his throat, and stood up from his seat. Everyone went silent.

"Let us begin," he started.

A general from the Earth Kingdom stood on the map of the four nations and begin to explain the strategy.