Chapter 38

~*~

~*~

I stared attentively at Jaemin who was drinking his now... primary diet.

He finished three bags already. After he was done, he put the bag on the table and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

I frowned at the sight. His eyes red, teeth and mouth red from the blood he just consumed, his darker skin complexion was now pale.

Is he really Jaemin?

My head still hurt. I haven't slept for a while, maybe two days.

"What's wrong?" Jaemin's glowing red eyes met mine, and it sent me chills.

I blinked, "nothing." I said faintly. "How are you feeling?"

"I... I feel fine."

My attention shifted to Lucas who got into the tent, bringing more bags, and a jewelry.

It was a simple silver necklace with a blue stone as a pendant.

"Wear this," Lucas handed the necklace to Jaemin who took it and studied it.

"Uhmmm.... for what?"

"That is a Daylight Amulet, it's lapis lazuli stone that is enchanted by a witch. With that you will be able to walk freely under the sun." Lucas said.

Jaemin mouthed an "O" and put it on his neck.

"Take care you guys." Lucas squeezed my shoulder before exiting the tent.

When I shifted my gaze back to Jaemin, he was already looking at me.

I wanted to scold him: how could he?? How could he be so reckless??

"I was dead," he suddenly said.

"Jaemin—"

"But I am now..." he stared at his palms, and then curled his fist. "I feel so restless, do you remember when Mai used to give us sodas? I feel like I'm having a constant sugar rush,"

...

"I've never felt this much energy before, Juli. I've never felt this powerful." He continued.

I didn't know why but I felt like bursting into tears, that was why I decided not to say anything. If I did, I wouldn't be able to stop my tears.

"Lili," he said as he took a glance at me.

That was it for me.

Only Jaemin called me by that nickname he made.

I threw myself at him and held him in my arms. "You were dead, you were.... breathing... but your body was becoming cold—" I realized that even now, he was even colder. "You were infected, they buried you—"

"Lili," he stopped me. "I'm okay now." He said.

I buried my face in his neck, and it was so cold.