Chapter 48

A/N:
Make sure you read chapter 47 before this! I updated twice.

A/N:Make sure you read chapter 47 before this! I updated twice

~*~

I stared at the metal bars.

The room was dimly lit by a small green light above me. Beyond the bars was nothing but a wall and a narrow way separating us.

I have to get out of here, but I still couldn't move.

I remember what Hendery said about chi blocking. Eventually, the effects will wear off. I just have to wait for it then.

But how long is it going to be until they will bring me to Lake Laogai? Whatever the hell that was.

I waited,

And waited.

Until I didn't know how long, that I started to feel my toes again, and then my arms.

After a while, I forced myself up with the strength that I got. Once I sat on the floor I leaned back to the cold wall.

I heard an echo of a heavy metal door being opened somewhere. Then footsteps. As it was becoming clearer and closer, a guy came into my view. He had soft blue eyes that I recognized.

It was Doyoung, the chi blocker.

He slid the bars open and bent down on his knee, looking directly into my eyes.

"You said we have a chance in defeating the witch." He said.

He moved closer. Then he pulled me to lean on him as he untied the metal cage securing my mouth.

Then he placed me back to the wall gently.

"There's a prophecy, that I, and a son of Zeus will defeat the witch together." I said.

"Yuta." He said. "Yuta of the Southern Air Temple."

Seems like Yuta is quite popular around here.

"I'll take that chance then." He said. "Can you walk?"

~

I put my arms around Doyoung as we walked carefully trying to exit the building. He was helping me walk because I was still half numb.

He opened the door and I was greeted by the cold night air.

"We have to get over the fence, can you destroy it?" Doyoung asked next to my face.

I nodded a yes.

"Can you run?"

Is he dense? I was hanging on to him like a sloth holding on to a branch of a tree, and he was asking if I could run?

"You should be able to by now. Because once that fence is broken down it will trigger the alarm."

"Why don't we just go over it?"