~ Part 85 ~ MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS ~

Sweet Emotion

-James POV-

The remainder of that Saturday was spent conversing about this year at Hogwarts. How I had gotten the famed Lily Evans to be my girlfriend, how me and Sirius "finally" produced a corporeal Patronus, how I had been slipped a love potion (mum was not happy about that), how at a party someone had used Polyjuice Potion to look like me, and all the other components of my year. Sirius and Eloise told everyone about how their years went, as well.

Well, I will bring you to Sunday, Christmas morning the next day, at 5 o'clock sharp in the morning. Both Sirius and I had Santa Claus hats on, and string lights (dad had found us some at a muggle shop) strung around our neck.

We were perched outside my parents door, ready to burst into their room and sing Christmas carols loudly until they got up.

And boom! we pushed open the door and burst into song.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS
RING THE HOGWARTS BELL
MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS
CAST A CHRISTMAS SPELL

HOW WONDROUS THE WAYS OF CHRISTMAS
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS DAY
MOVE AROUND THE SPARKLING FIRE
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS DAY

FIND A BROOMSTICK IN YOUR STOCKING
SINGING YOU THE MAG-"

We are cut off by a chorus of groaning coming from my parents bed.

"Okay, okay we get it, we're getting up," Mum says tiredly.

Me and Sirius turn to each other and nod, reading each other's minds: our work here is done, onto the next one.

And we walk out of mum and dad's room, and to my aunt's, opening up the door.

"MERRY CHRISTMA-" we start to sing, but are immediately cut off.

"No need to repeat yourself, the whole house heard you the first time," my aunt says from her bed.

We nod at one another again.

And into Eloise and Rachel's room we go, but are surprised to find both of their twin beds empty. And I stagger forward as something jumps onto my back, and see Sirius in the same position.

I laugh as I glance over my shoulder at the one and only Eloise Potter on my back, and seeing Rachel on Sirius's back.

And then, about half an hour later, everyone is finally sitting patiently on the couch, munching on the feast of Christmas goodies Sirius and I had made around 4 am. Several gifts are being passed around, and I receive one from each family member (yes, you wanker, Sirius counts as a family member).

Sirius counts his and turns to me with a playfully raised eyebrow. "What, no gift for your best mate?"

"Oh, how could I forget you," I reply, smirking. I pull out a set of keys from my back pocket, and toss them to him. Sirius catches the keys with one hand, and takes a moment to digest what he'd just caught.

His eyes widen and his mouth opens wide as he gapes excitedly at me. "NO. WAY." He exclaims, immediately jumping out of his sitting position.

I nod smugly. "Yes way." I angle my head towards the back door in the kitchen a room over.

He gasps animatedly, and turns to that door, running out into the back garage.

Mum turns to me with a smile and a raised eyebrow. "What'd you get him?"

"Oh nothing much," I say smirking. "Just the motorbike that he's been dreaming of his whole life."

Dad laughs and claps his hands together.

Once Sirius gets back inside, all happy and pumped up, everyone starts to open their gifts.

I grabbed the gift bag from Sirius first; and I pulled out a CD album that said... AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap on it.

"Okay, so, Lily has introduced me to the most lovely band out there, AC/DC, so I just had to pass on the wonderful music," Sirius explains. "And just in case you don't like the band, I'll make it up to you with..."

I pull out a goodie bag from the gift bag full of every treat from Honeydukes you can even think of.

"Thanks, mate," I say, smirking. "I can definitely get sugar high with this."

Sirius returns my smirk.

I quickly open up the rest, thanking everyone. From Rachel and Eloise, I got a big bag of candy from Honeydukes, kind of like the sweets that Sirius got me. From my aunt I got a Pocket Sneakoscope. It's suppose to, like, spin like crazy when someone un-trustworthy is near.

And lastly, I turn to the gift from my parents. I rip open the packaging of the long thin present and I grin real wide when I see a broom. The Cleansweep 4.

I pick it up and stroke the sleek wood, then grin at mum and dad.

I look around at everyone. "Thanks, Rach and El, for the candy. Julia, I'll be sure to use this around Sirius during the January Prank War. And mum and dad, thanks! I've been eyeing this since it came out!"

Sirius stands up after opening his gifts. "HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!"

~ ~ ~
NOTES: X

-Amelia