~ Part 5 ~ Not So Bad Yourself ~

I Hate Myself For Lovin You - Joan Jett

-Lily POV-

I dragged Marlene out of the room.

Marlene... she was always so effortlessly pretty. With her shoulder length, flowing, wavy blond hair she had plenty of boys falling at her feet. She wasn't short, but she wasn't tall either. Definitely taller than me, though.

Marlene had thrown on some black stretchy pants and a blue shirt, spent about half a minute on her makeup and already looked like a model! I never really understood how people did their makeup so fast. Unless I want to look like a clown, I have to spend at least half an hour on my makeup, so I just stopped bothering a long time ago. I suppose I had also stopped wearing makeup a long time ago because it is the devils spawn, and it's sole purpose is to torture Lily Evans and kill any part of her soul that remains.

And, like I said, she had all the boys wrapped around her finger. Almost all of them had asked her out at some point, but she rarely accepted. The only time she did, however, was when she was bored and needed a distraction. Nothing ever serious; nothing that ever lasted long. No, literally, like a week. And sometimes she just does one night flings, never even talking to that particular person again. She wasn't a bad person for this; she just hasn't found the right someone for her. So she hasn't settled, I suppose.

Sort of female Sirius, if you think about it.

I see James and Sirius wrestling over each other. They stop when they see us. James looks as if he's seen me for the first time. He's looks at me, mouth open a bit, wide eyes, and he blinks. Our eyes meet, and I immediately look away, blushing furiously. I scold myself for blushing; since when can he cause my cheeks to redden? Simply by looking at me, no less?

"Looking good, Evans," James commented, smirking, having shaken himself out of the awed expression he'd had a moment ago. I blushed even more, turning red as my hair.

Bad Lily. No blush. Bad Lily.

I avoided his eyes as I murmured, "Thanks, Potter." Then, I added quietly, quiet enough to where I wasn't even sure he heard, "Not so bad yourself."

He was wearing some normal jeans, nothing too fancy. Along with the jeans, he wore a red sweatshirt that had a snitch on it, and it said Chudley Cannons. Hey, look at that, he's rooting for the right team.

His raven black hair, as usual, was crazy and unkept. Most of the time I couldn't stand it, and wanted to go a flatten it out myself, but for some reason it wasn't looking awful today.

His eyes were a soft, hazel color. They were mostly an almond hue, but had streaks of gold, and maybe even a tiny bit of dark green. They were mesmerizing.

-James POV-

"Looking good, Evans," I said. Then, after realizing what I'd just said, I mentally scolded myself. Ugh! That HAD to slip out! I just had to bloody ruin everything! Lily was probably going to hate me for that comment! Hex me! Curse my-

"Thanks Potter," Lily murmured, not meeting my eyes. And then, so quiet I could barely hear, she said, "Not so bad yourself."

Except, I did hear, and suddenly I felt light as a feather. Filled up with sunshine and warmth.

Why am I so in love?

"Alright, Prongsie, my lovesick puppy, and Lilyflower, my secret fancier of James, are you two lovebirds done ogling each other?" Sirius asked. Lily blushed red as a tomato, suddenly finding the floor very interesting. I glared at Sirius, although a smile was tugging at my lips.

"Alright, then, Sirius. If you're so eager to go, then come on. I've got a fun plan for all you purebloods," Lily said.

~ ~ ~
NOTES: X

-Amelia