~ Part 60 ~ You Know, You're A Lot More Convincing Than I Am... ~

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - AC/DC

-Lily POV-

I stand right in the doorway to Hogwarts with a slightly nervous, slightly excited expression plastered on my face.

I'm Lily Evans... I won't mess this up.

Hopefully.

I feel myself being pushed forward, and I remember the presence of three shrieking girls.

"Go, Lily!" Alice exclaims.

"Just hurry up," Marlene pushes.

"Why are you even waiting?" Mary asks. "The boy's whipped!"

"Oh hush, you guys," I snap at them. "I'm going."

I wave at them without looking back, and advance towards the bridge where we said we'd meet up.

I slowly walk forward in the chilly wind, and see the bridge. As I get closer, I see a tall figure that could only be James. He's shuffling his feet nervously. I smile slightly, looking at him as I get closer, him facing the other way. I get a closer look at his feet and he's wearing... cowboy boots?

I ignore the boots, walk up behind him, and tap him on the shoulder. He jumps, and quickly turns around.

"Bloody hell, you scared me," he exclaims, placing his hand over his heart. I chuckle. He catches sight of me and smiles. "You look nice. I mean, not that that matters, I-I, it doesn't matter what you look like, it's what's inside, and-"

"James," I laugh. "It's fine. You look nice too."

He's wearing some blue jeans with his red and yellow Chudley Cannons t-shirt. And, I have to say it, the shirt hugs his body in just the right way; showing off his toned Quidditch figure.

"Take a picture, Evans, it'll last longer," James comments, smirking, repeating my words from Slughorn's party. "That's the second time I've caught you staring."

I swat his arm. "Let's just go."

"Yes ma'am," he says, saluting.

"Wait... why are you wearing cowboy boots?" I finally ask, indicating his feet.

"Um..." James starts, looking down at his feet sheepishly. "Sirius charmed them to stick on my feet and I can't get them off."

I laugh.

"Don't laugh! It's not funny!" He exclaims, the tips of his ears turning a darker shade.

"Let me try and undo the spell," I tell him, laughing, then I mutter the counter spell. The shoes seem to sort of un-tense. James pulls them off with ease.

"Oh, thank you!" James exclaims. He dramatically rushes to hug me.

I feel a whole lot warmer when he does, and can't help feeling all fuzzy inside. I wrap my arms around him too.

Then the hug seems to go on a little long, so we both pull back.

"Uh..." I say, my cheeks heating up, as do his. "Where to first?"

"Well..." James started, scratching the back of his neck, cheeks and ears still a bit pink. "I mean, I figured since this is a date, we should go to Madam Pudifoots...?"

"Lead the way," I respond.

I've never really been to Madam Pudifoots, but I've heard it's this pinky, cheesy tea shop where couples go and snog. I don't know how this'll go, but I'll try it out I guess.