~ Part 10 ~ You'll See ~

Communication Breakdown - Led Zeppelin

-Lily POV-

I haul my trunk over towards the train, but before I get there I hear someone yell "Jamesie!" in a girly squeal.

I imagine it's Sirius, excited to see James. But instead, I turn around, and see James picking up a young girl-looks to be around 5-and spin her around, and then hug another girl-seems about 14 years old.

It's good to see James again. His messy raven hair; his dancing, mischievous, hazel eyes; his tall, muscular figure. I even sort of missed his smirk.

He was being so sweet with the girls, it made my stomach flip, to which I scolded my stomach harshly for.

Even though he has a cocky and arrogant mask, I've learned that he's a sweet little cinnamon bun underneath it.

Staring at James, I wonder who the girls are. I don't think he has sisters, so maybe cousins?

"You're Lily, I'm guessing. He talks about you a lot, you know," a voice says, making me jump. I catch sight of a messy, brown haired girl that walks off before I can even reply, recognizing her as one of the girls James had been talking with.

I snap out of my daze, looking at the girl. Yes. That's right. I wasn't staring at James. I was in a daze.

I blink, and heave up my trunk, waddling towards the train under the weight. God Lily, why did you have to bring so many books? I'm at the edge of the train, but I just can't pick the trunk up onto the train.

"Lilypad!" I hear a familiar voice yell. Everyone looks in this direction. Thanks, Potter. "Need any help?" He asks. My cheeks flush with pink.

"Don't call me that!" I whisper-yell, hoping everyone will stop staring. He smirks. The small crowd continues with what they were doing before, thank goodness. I feel the weight in my arms (the trunk) decrease. I look up and see James picking up my trunk with a heave and a grunt, and attempting to lift it onto the train.

"Gosh, Lily. What do have in here? Even for my muscly self thats heavy!" He says with a wince.

"Well I'd expect you to be able to handle this, what with you and your Quidditch muscles, eh?" I respond with a raised eyebrow. I continue speaking before he can say anything about me mentioning his muscles. "And it's just books. But yes... I suppose I did bring a lot."

"What, the whole library?" He jokes.

"Um... well I brought all of the school textbooks, of course, but I also brought a few other school books just for some light reading; a little more advanced of a potion book; Transfiguration: Broken Down; and a book on Patronuses. Oh, and several muggle books to last me until Christmas," I say, looking down at the trunk in his hands.

"Ha, well... if one is really good I suppose you could lend it to me?" He says, or it more seems like he was asking.

"Oh, like James Potter would read just for the sake of it. But sure, I give you one or two," I reply.

"I'm not reading for the sake of reading! No, no... I'm reading for the sake of you," He finishes with a proud smile. I feel a small smile forming on my lips. "Anyways, why'd you get here so early?"

"Well, I wanted to find a good compartment, and... Oh! I'm Head Girl! I came a bit early just so I can like... I dunno get ready for the meeting I guess," I say. "Do you happen to know who Head Boy is?"

"Your Head Girl! Shocker..." James responded, chuckling. "And yes."

"Yes what?"

"I do know who Head Boy is."

"Well, who?"

"You'll like him."

"Who?"

"You'll see." And at that he finally heaves the trunk onto the train, steps up on the train, and struts away.

Merlin, that boy will be the death of me.

~ ~ ~
NOTES: X

-Amelia