~ Part 20 ~ Truth or Dare ~

Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance

-Lily POV-

"Um, excuse me but I need a place to sit," I say.

"Oh yeah..." Marlene trails off. Then a devilish smirk plasters on her face.

Oh. Well that's a bit worrying.

"Lily. I suppose that, because you have nowhere to sit-" Marlene starts. It seems Sirius catches on, and he gets that same smirk that Marlene has.

"You'll have to-" Sirius cuts in.

"Sit on-" Marlene interrupts Sirius's interruption.

"Someone's lap," Sirius finishes proudly. Him and Marlene smirk knowingly at each other.

"Well, who, then?" I ask, irritatedly. They just grin. I narrow my eyes annoyedly.

"Well," Marlene says. "I don't want you sitting on my lap."

By then, I'm pretty sure everyone was out to get me with that horrible smirk except for James, who was as lost as me.

"And I'm much too small. I won't be able to see over your head!" Mary says with a knowing smile.

"And, of course, it would just be awkward if you sat on me-" Alice starts.

"Or me," Frank agrees.

"And no offense Lily, but, you would just get in the way of my book," Remus adds, a glint in his eye, gesturing to the novel in his hand.

"It's a no for me, Lilyflower, however much I love you so," Sirius says. "And Peter's short, stubby body can't possibly support you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I snap.

"I just mean you're not sitting on Peter."

"Well then who am I sitting on?" I, again, snap, getting fed up with the lot.

"I'm sure that James wouldn't mind you sitting on his lap one bit," Marlene mused.

And there it is.

Everyone wanted me to sit on James lap, didn't they?

The end of James's ears tinted a bit pink, and he put on an embarrassed expression. But it was replaced with shock after I what I said next.

"Well... would you, James?" I ask, my eyes narrowed at the floor.

"D-... I-um... no?" James responds, as if asking a question. He leaned backward, his back now against the wall. "Um..."

"Well, Lils. What're you waiting for?" Marlene asked maliciously.

I stepped over towards James, who gave me a half smile.

Sweet Merlin, goddamnit.

I am internally screaming as I turn around and approach to sit on James lap. I face palm inside my head.