~ Part 45 ~ It Sure Sounds A Lot Like You're Jealous ~

If The World Was Ending - Julia Michaels & JP Saxe

-Lily POV-

I slowly open my eyes and there's bright light streaming through the windows as I'm laying on the couch. Augh! It's way too bright! I squint my eyes and feel less pounding in my head.

Did I mention the pounding in my head?

It feels like a bunch of... I don't know, mallets? are banging on my brain.

I squint, and slowly sit up, but the movement apparently wasn't slow enough and my head weighs down. I swallow dryly, a bitter taste in my mouth.

I slowly stand up, the damn headache making this action quite painful, and look around the room for something to wrap my freezing body in. I glance at a plastic tablecloth, and wager that I could either wrap myself in the dirty thing or freeze to death. I wrap myself in the dirty thing.

I observe the room. The Head dorms are a crazy mess. There's smashed Firewhiskey bottles everywhere, candy wrappers everywhere, trash that wasn't even at the party, and trash that god knows what it actually is. There are like, 20 people passed out around the common room; it seems the rest left somewhere in their drunken state.

I blink, and stumble over to the portrait hole, tripping over the tablecloth and falling out into the hallway to my knees with a thud! I see Remus at the end of the corridor, and he comes rushing towards me.

"Lily? Lily! Are you alright?" Remus asks worriedly, walking up to me. "Why-why are wrapped in—"

I blink, and stand up with his help. "Erm... I just... woke up after the... the party," I furrow my eyebrows, leaning on him for support.

"Why are you all—" Remus begins.

"Shh!" I exclaim, putting a finger over his lips, then pointing to my head. "Headache."

"Why..." Remus starts, then he looks at me in shock. "Did you drink?"

"Um... well..."

"Why?"

Tidbits of the events of last night stream into my head. James and Gwen sucking each others faces off. Me getting drunk. Me doing karaoke. Me doing a highly inappropriate dance to go along with my singing. Sean McLaggen kissing me. Then passing out.

Well, fuck.

"Why, Lily?" Remus asks again. I get a sour face on.

"James," I say.

"Oh Merlin, what did he do this time?" Remus responds. Me face gets even more scrunched up.

"He and Gwenog Jones were having a snog fest the entirety of the party," I murmur, more to myself than Remus. I look up at him with an all too real pouty face. Remus raises his eyebrows at me. "What?"

"I say, Lils, it sure sounds a lot like you're jealous," Remus points out. I clench my jaw and glare forward.

I'm not jealous.

"Well, Lily?" Remus asks.

I sigh. Of course I'm jealous.

I mean, perhaps I had taken a small liking to James. Not as in I fancy him, but... I don't know. I just didn't like him snogging her face off. I didn't like it one bit.

I just narrow my eyes at Remus.

"That's what I thought," Remus says with a small smirk.

"Oh hush up, Lupin," I reply. "Now help me clean up this leftover party trash, along with all the passed out idiots."