~ Part 77 ~ Can You Bloody Believe Him? ~

Daddy Lessons - Beyoncé

-James POV-

The last couple months have been some of the best of my life. I mean, I'm dating Lily Evans, and just... well, that's basically the reason I'm happy....

Oh! And you know how she knows about Moony and his moon transformations? Well, she wanted to come, or try to be an animagus, but A) you need to keep a Mandrake leaf in your mouth for a month, then put some dew where the sun don't shine for a week, and then lots and lots of other stuff—and we didn't exactly have that amount of time, so the animagus thing was a no. And B) I mean, it's dangerous and I don't really want Lily to be, you know, in danger when she doesn't need to be—because like, we're doing just fine with only me, Sirius, and Peter, so why add another person's life to risk?

Well, she obviously couldn't bode with doing nothing, so, as Madam Pompfrey doesn't know about us being animaguses, Lily decided she would be the one to help us with our injuries. Like, she researched and learned a bunch of complicated spells and charms, so now she's kind of a boss at healing.

Anyways, tomorrow is the Friday before Christmas break, so that means tomorrow is also the Christmas ball. I know what you're thinking, ugh, James, there are too many parties and balls that you're being invited to! This is too much! And to which I will answer, I'm sorry. I just, I can't help it how popular I am, and how many people want me at all of their—

"Everyone's invited to the Christmas ball, mate. You're not special," Sirius tells me, tutting, as he jumps onto my back. I stagger forward.

"What're you talkin' about?" I ask him.

"You were talking to yourself," Sirius says, and I can feel his smirk.

I roll my eyes. "Is there a reason you're on my back?"

"Oh, someone can't just say hi to their best mate?" Sirius asks, still on my back piggy-back style.

"Well, a normal person can, just not you," I point out.

"Well, frankly, I'm glad I'm not normal. I'm much better. I'm SIRIUS BLACK!" Sirius belts out.

I walk forward, Sirius still on my back, heading for the Great Hall.

"So, what is Mr. Sirius Orion up to, you ask?" Sirius asks. "Well, I won't be letting that little kernel of information out easy."

And three, two, one—

"Alright fine! If you insist!" He exclaims. "I, the valiant Sirius Black, have decided to... drumroll please... ask Marlene McKinnon to the ball!"

"Oh, finally gathered the bravery?" I ask, smirking.

"Oh, Prongs, I always had the bravery. See, I just had to pick the right time," Sirius replies.

"Mhm," I say. "Well, have you just come to tell me this, or was there something else?"

"Oh, well, as I'm sure you are going to ask Lilyflower to the ball, I was just wondering what your strategy is," he responds.

I laugh. "There's not a strategy, you wanker! It's asking a girl out. You just gotta like... go with... your... heart...?"

"Well then, because you seemed so sure of yourself, I'll just have to take that advice," Sirius says sarcastically. "But seriously—see what I did there?—how would I go about doing it?"

"Just like... tell Marlene that you like her, and tell her a few things that you like about her, and then ask her. Because if you pull a McLaggen, and just like... demand that she goes with you, well then I'm not quite sure that'll bode well for you," I tell him.