~ Part 21 ~ YOU DIDN'T TELL US? ~

What's Up Danger - Black Way & Black Caviar - (from Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse)

-James POV-

"What? You're James! You were supposed to choose dare!" Mary exclaims. "Ugh... I guess then... who was your first kiss?

My stomach drops. Lily doesn't want me to tell anyone, but... what do I do then?

I look at the redhead sitting on my lap-and I get a feeling of giddiness because, well, she's sitting in my lap-for consolation. She gives the slightest nod, so slight that only I notice. This nod, I assume, means she's letting me spill the beans.

"Ah... well..." I begin, both me and Lily's cheeks starting to heat up. I mumble, "it was Lily."

I mumble this as quiet as Mary and Remus had, but of course, everyone couldn't not hear this news. Don't get me wrong, I would've had no issue with bragging to all of Hogwarts about it, but this was Lily's business too, so I didn't want to overdo it.

"LILY?!" They all shout at once.

Then there's a jumble of questions.

"And you didn't TELL ME, MATE?"

"And Lily LET YOU?"

"Wha-when-HOW, exactly?"

"Lily! YOU DIDN'T TELL US?"

"Ok, I'm sorry, but your first kiss was Lily Evans. James Potter's first kiss was Lily Evans?"

"EVERYONE SHUT YOUR GOBS!" Lily shouts.

"Lily! Do tell," Mary says.

"Tell what?" She snaps back.

"How in hell did this happen?!"

"Bet Prongs was in heaven, not hell," Sirius mutters with a smirk.

"Have you all been having some sort of, like secret affair this whole time?!" Alice practically screams.

"Wha-NO!" Lily responds loudly. Everyone was shouting at each other now.

"OK! I WILL PERSONALLY TAKE POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR IF YOU ALL DON'T SHUSH!" I finally yell. Everyone quiets. "Me and Lily had a bet. I won. I got a kiss. End of story." Lily sent me a thankful look.

"But-" Marlene starts.

"Nope. No more information will be given," Lily says. "End of story, so you lot shut up."

Marlene, Mary, and Alice all glare at Lily. "No. You will tell us more later. You had better, Lily, or so help me god I will-" Marlene says.

"Fine, I get it. Later," Lily responds shortly. "Oh, look at that. We're already crossing that one bridge. Only about five minutes until Hogwarts! Better get changed," Lily changes the subject.

"Boys, get out while we change." Marlene demands. When they give a look as if about to protest, Marlene glowers at them. "Out."

Lily gets up off of me, and suddenly I'm a bit colder. I open my trunk, and grab my robes. Me and the Marauders and Frank step out of the compartment.

I look back, and see the blinds on the window through the compartment door closed. I hear one of the girls shout "James?! And you didn't tell us?!"

I smile to myself. How does Lily deal with them?

We all wander around to find an empty compartment, and Remus leads us into one. Frank wanders off somewhere in between there, to find his best friend, Florean Fortescue. Yes, you heard right. Alice's brother. Awkward, right? He's dating his best friend's sister.

We all get into our robes, and by then time we are dressed, the train has pulled to a stop.

Hogwarts.

~ ~ ~
NOTES: I know that Florean is, in fact, her uncle and not her brother, and wouldn't be attending Hogwarts at this time, but let's just play pretend.

-Amelia