~ Part 25 ~ You Tell That Staircase, Lils ~

I Try - Macy Gray

-Lily POV-

I awoke in a comfortable bed with a red comforter. Remembering where I was, I smiled. I jumped out of bed and checked the time; 7:45. There was about 45 minutes until breakfast, where McGonagall would give us our schedules.

At home I always sleep in really, very late. But at Hogwarts, no. I wake up early. Because I was so lucky, and happy to be at Hogwarts, and have this opportunity that-

Alright, alright, sorry.

I slip on some jeans and a white flannel shirt, my red and gold Gryffindor tie wrapped around my neck. I'll come back to grab my robes later.

I step out of the room, into the bathroom, and brush my teeth and hair, and do all the other morning bathroom tasks.

~ ~ ~

I finally make my way out of the dorms, and out of the painting. I decide to just wander around the school and soak up the Hogwarts amazing-ness, like I always do on the first morning.

I make my way towards the library, then past the Great Hall, past Transfiguration, the dungeons, and Charms before I finally head to the Astronomy tower to watch the sun rise.

All is well and good. That is, until I heard voices.

"They said that we had to before we graduate!"

"No they said we would after."

"That doesn't make any damn sense! We'll be more valuable here. Back me up, Cissy!"

I then realize just who these voices belong to. In James's words, the official Slytherin bitches. But I'll use less vulgar language, and instead say the Death Eater Crew.

It's always them, isn't it?

I needed a place to hide. If I walk around the corner and they spot me, they'll most definitely pick a fight, and judging from all the different voices speaking, they would out-number me. I speed walk the opposite way I had been walking and only one thing is on my mind.

I need a place to hide.

I need to get out of here.

I need a place to hide!

And out of nowhere, a door appears on the wall. It's the closest door to me, and the Slytherins were getting closer, so I just decide to go for it.

I open up the door. Inside I seen room about as big as the Great Hall. But the size is not the abnormal thing about it. The abnormal thing was all of the objects inside of it.

There was just so much... stuff. Clutter. There was an owl cage over here, and an old chair over there. It ranged from some old quill to a huge tapestry with all of the house founders on it.

I decided not to be too shocked because hey, this was Hogwarts, and if you don't expect the unexpected, then you're in for either a nasty surprise or a lovely treat.

I stood there admiring the room for a second, when I remembered why I was in here, whatever here was.

I rush over to a big pile of.... I don't know, things. I crouch down and hope they wouldn't walk in.

I mean, I could've just walked around that corner and hoped they didn't notice me. But it was early morning and no one else was in the corridors, so of course they would've noticed me. And if they'd seen me, they'd have picked a fight, wands would've been pulled out, and I would've been outnumbered and found with a leg-locker curse on me an hour later.