Chapter 70

The next morning, it was pretty early. Actually, really early. The house reeked of smoke and I could see it too. It's currently like 5am so no one is awake.

I got out of bed and looked around the house and couldn't see anything that would cause the smell so I figured it was just someone out smoking.

I turned around to go back to bed when I saw the front window broken and a lit match quickly spreading around the house. I ran to my room and woke up josh immediately.

"W-what Princess..?" He said as he slowly woke up. "Get the fuck up! The house is on fire!" Josh jumped up quickly and ran to wake everyone else up. I ran to the twins room and brought them outside, then went back inside to get everyone up.

I ran to jaden and charlis room and shook them both awake. "What.." jaden said in a mood, he hates being woken up. "Watch the attitude. The house is on fire so get your asses up." They both jumped up quickly and grabbed Andy, running out.

By now, the house is in full flames. Everything inside definitely ruined. We all stood outside and I noticed josh wasn't there with us. I ran towards the house only to be pulled back by Jaden.

"Where the hell are you going?!" He said.

"Josh is a-still in there!" I said while crying. Jaden tried to go in instead of me but I refused to let him. Before he could do anything, I just ran in.

I held my shirt above my nose and yelled "Josh?! Josh where are you!" I hear him respond by saying "get out of here! It's not safe!"

"IM NOT LEAVING YOU IN HERE! COME ON!" I yelled as I followed his voice.

"NIK! WATCH OUT!"

the ceiling started to collapse, a wood plank hitting me and instantly knocking me out.

~joshs pov~
I saw Nicole run towards me, then a wood plank about to fall. I yelled trying to help her, but I was too late. I ran to her, lifted her up, and ran out of the house.

I got out there and a ton of fire trucks and ambulances were there. The medics came and took Nicole as soon as I stepped out of there and some more checked me and the others.

The twins were ok, thank fucking god. Andy was ok too. I knew we were all gonna be at the hospital so I rant to Taylers house and knocked loudly. He opened the door and said "what the.. YOUR HOUSE!"

I nodded and said "look, they took Nik to the hospital, she got hit with a plank from the ceiling.. can you watch the twins and Andy..?" Tayler nodded and cane outside, taking the three kids.

"Daddy.. where's mommy?" Maggie asked while she was crying. I knelt down, hugging her, and said "she's at the doctors. Your gonna hangout with uncle Tayler and uncle Bryce today, alright?" She nodded and followed them inside.

Before shutting the door, tayler tossed me his car keys and said "your cars are a little melted, take mine but dont destroy it." I smiled and nodded, then got jnto his car with the others.

I was way too much of a nervous wreck to drive. Griff and Dixie sat ip front to drive while I sat in the back with Jaden and Charli. Ant stayed back with Avani at Taylers to help them out.

I couldn't stop crying. I never cry but this shit is scary. The love of my life, fiancé, and mother to my kids, is in the hospital because I took too long to double check the house.

"Josh.. she's gonna be ok. Just calm down.." Jaden said while rubbing my back. I snapped a little and said "and what if she's not?! It's my fault that she even got hurt!"

Jaden didn't say anything. No one did.

"S-sorry.." I said, keeping my head down.

"It's all good, I can't imagine what your going through. But for real, does anyone know how it started?" Jaden asked.

The only one who could've known is Nicole. She's the one who went and saw the first flames. It's not like we can ask her either..

Once we got to the hospital, we all waited in the waiting room for any sort of news. I couldn't sit still at all. All I did was pace around the waiting room biting my nails.

*few hours later*

Right now it's almost 10:30am. We haven't heard a word about nik. That could be a good thing.. or a bad one.

"Nicole hall?" A doctor said while coming into the waiting room.

Everyone looked over, then stood up to go see what's up. I didn't like the look on the doctors face.. at all.

"Well, I'm sorry to say.. but she did take in a lot of smoke from the fire. Her breathing isn't going g as steady as we hoped.. where she got hit with the plank, there's a bruise, surprisingly no burn. You all can go In and see her since she's finally stable enough to process everything on her own."

Everyone sighed and followed the doctor to the room. I went in first and hated what I saw. Lots of machines were hooked up to her, some bruises and burns, and a lifeless looking Nicole.

I went to the chair beside her, holding her hand in mine. He usual blonde hair had an ashy tint in it, those beautiful blue eyes were hidden.

"S-someone text tayler and let him know.." I said while my voice broke apart. Charli nodded and texted him.

Tayler
Charli: we have news
Tayler: ok, she ok?
Charli: hopefully soon. Inhaled a lot of smoke.. pretty bad bruise from where she got hit too.
Tayler: shit. The twins are freaking out. Maggie is hysterical and Finn is just staring out the window at the house. Andy is asleep on the couch with Avani.
Charli: ok, josh Is freaking out too. Like bad. He thinks it's his fault that she's here.
Tayler: try to calm him down, and text me any updates ok?
Charli: kk

A/n:
So should I end this book here and continue this crazy event in the sequel? I feel like 70 chapters to a book is a lot so I wanna break it up a little bit. If I continue in a sequel, I will let everyone know and keep you updated.
Please comment what I should doo!!!!!