Chapter 39

When I woke up after my "nap" I guess you could call it, I checked my phone to see the time. Josh wasn't in the room with me anymore either which I found a little bit odd.

I was just playing around on my phone when suddenly, I heard arguing. Not like in person and another.. more like a group of people against one person. This isn't good.

Should I go check in..? Maybe, if I don't someone will get hurt.

I got out of bed and walked towards where the arguing was coming from. Turns out, they were in the backyards by the pool. I slowly went towards everyone to see they were arguing with chase. Great, just the person I want to see right now.

"What's going on..?" I asked while joining the group. "Mister asshole here is trying to pick a fight with josh and jaden." Charli said with her arms crossed. I laughed and said "and why does chase wanna do that?"

Chase laughed and said "because clearly me and you are meant to be." My eyes went wide and I bursted our laughing. Chase didn't like that I guess. "Look chase, me and you.. never happening. I'm with josh and I'm happy, I'm really happy. You just have to deal with it alright?" Chase rolled his eyes and I started to walk off.

Before I could get far enough, chase grabbed me and jumped in the pool, holding me underwater. I couldn't move or do anything. I could hear the boys trying to get him away. Before I could really do anything, it went black.

~joshs pov~

When chase grabbed Nicole, I couldn't get her fast enough. What the hell has gotten into him recently. Chase jumped in the pool holding onto Nicole and just held her underwater. Me and the others, besides Charli, jumped in trying to help Nicole up.

"Chase you fucking bitch let her breathe!" I said while trying to push him over. He laughed and let go of Nik, her body just sinking down to the bottom. I swam under and carried her out while Jaden and the others attacked chase.

I got Nicole out of the water and laid her down on the side of the pool. I started to panic while I gave her cpr. I was doing it for about a minute already and nothin was happening. Finally, a couple seconds later, she coughed out some water and sat up.

I sighed in relief and grabbed her, hugging her close to me. "W-where the hell is that shit bag.." she asked. I pointed over to the other three who were beating chase up. She smirked and got up, walking over.

~Nicole's pov~

I walked over to Jaden ant and griffin who were beating up chase and said "ok ok, enough!" I didn't really feel well, probably because I almost drowned to death.. but I wanted my revenge. I think Jaden got the hint and they all backed off.

I stood above Chase and said "you see bud, mess with me.. you deal with them. Mess with them, you deal with me." He just laughed so I said "is this funny to you?"

He laughed again. "Yeah, I mean.. your a girl. You can't fight. That's why these bozos always do it for you."

Josh walked over and said "probably shouldn't have said that. Go off Nik."

I smiled and punched chase across the face. Chase laughed and said "that all you got blonde?! Huh?!" He's really asking for it huh.

I laughed and continued to beat him up. Maybe I went a little to hard because by now, he's fully knocked out. I felt someone pick me up. It scared me not gonna lie.

I quickly turned my head to see joshs head. "I think that's enough for today.." I giggled and he carried me into the house.

Since I was thrown in the pool, my clothes are all wet and I'm freezing. "Come here princess." Josh said as he pulled me into a hug. I smiled and hugged him back.

I went towards my room so I could shower and change because now I stink of pool water. I grabbed two towels, a change of clothes, and my phone and went into my bathroom.

While I showered, I was having trouble breathing.. probably because of the let's call them "events" earlier. I got out of the shower and dried off and put on some sweat pants and a tank top. I dried my hair too and left it down.

I walked out of the room and went towards the living room where everyone else was hanging out. I sat on the couch next to josh and said "what are we doing?"

"Movie?" Griffin said.

I nodded. "Oh, you and ant actually beat someone up today. I'm proud of you guys!"

Anthony and griffin both laughed and said "well, they mess with one, they mess with all. I'm not taking this kids shit anymore. He's done that to all of us."

I looked at them confused and said "what do you mean?" Jaden then said "well, like when I dated mads, chase would try and hookup with her all the time." I just nodded.. mostly because I don't know how to respond.

Eventually, Charli turned on Disney plus and we watched the sandlot. Everyone loves this movie.. like how could you not.

After the movie ended, my breathing problems started to kick in again. I was breathing really fast so josh rubbed my back and said "what's wrong? You all good?" I nodded and said "j-just trouble b-breathing. I'm fine."

Josh nodded and pulled me closer to him, which helped my breathing relax a little bit. After a while, everybody ended up falling asleep on the couches bunched up together. I was on top of josh, Charli on Jaden, and Anthony across griffin and partly Jaden.