Chapter 8

~Nicole's pov~
It's been a couple of hours that we are on the bus. Slept for most of the time and I guess Charli did too. She was asleep on my shoulder when I woke up. This time around I was in the isle seat while Charli sat by the window.

I didn't make a good decision when I chose the isle seat.

I looked over to the set of seats next to me and saw Jackson and sam. My eyes went wide and I didn't know what to do. Obviously I couldn't run.. we are on a bus. I didn't want to wake Charli so I took out my phone and texted josh to try and calm myself down.

Joshy🥰
Nicole: hey
Joshy🥰: hey princess you ok?
Nicole: little freaked out.. but I'm good I guess. Just needed someone to talk to.
Joshy🥰: why? And where's Charli?
Nicole: well I'm freaking out because sam and Jackson are next to me and Charli. Charli is asleep and I don't want to wake her up. If I could I'd get up and run.
Joshy🥰: relax princess. Just ignore them. If they do anything to you, text me.
Nicole: Josh I wanna come back..🥺
Joshy🥰: I want you to come back too.. but you have school and so do I. And I promise you, if those two do anything to you and I find out, I will beat the shit out of them.
Nicole: ok thanks baby 🥰 love you
Joshy🥰: love you too, stay safe.

I closed my messages with josh and felt a little better.I mean I want to just beat this two up myself but I don't really know what sam can do, so for now it's just Jackson I'd beat.

I put my AirPods in and scrolled through tiktok for a while. I was watching a tiktok on my for you page when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Oh god.

"So shortcakes how was your little joshy?" Jackson said in his annoying baby voice. I just rolled my eyes at him and said "none of your business asshole. Just leave me alone." Jackson laughed and said "nope I'm ok." I just rolled my eyes and went back to what I was doing.

I've been on tiktok for a while. Like a long time. Actually, so long that we had just gotten back to the school. Dang. Charli was awake by now too, also on tiktok.  She made a couple of videos just for fun because we were bored out of our minds.

Me and Charli got our stuff and got off the bus. Coach said to everyone "ok we return to our normal schedule tomorrow since it's after school hours now. Go rest up and be ready for school and practice tomorrow." Everyone nodded and made their way back to their dorms. When me and Charli went into ours we put away our stuff and plopped onto our beds.

"So what happened while I was asleep?" Charli asked while looking at her phone. "Nothing much. Me on tiktok for a couple hours, Jackson being annoying.. that's all." She looked up at me and said "well what did he do?" I shrugged my shoulders and said "I mean, nothing really. He just asked how josh was but in an annoying way. And he called me shortcakes. Like ew no thanks."

Charli laughed at me and said "ew. What the hell is his deal." I laughed and said "I know right. He's just mad that I don't like him I guess. Wait I think I dropped my charger in the hall, my phone is gonna die. One second." Charli nodded and I got up and went around the hallways to find my charger.

Finally, I found it laying on the ground so I picked it up but then felt arms around me. Jesus if this is Jackson..

Sure enough.. "hey shortcakes." Jackson said as he lifted me up. I elbowed him in the stomach so I guess his response was to punch me in the face. I held my face where he hit me and just walked off, avoiding him.

I got to the room and looked in the mirror and saw a huge bruise. Charli looked up and said "holy shit! Nikki!" I heard more voices say "what happened?" I noticed Charli on FaceTime with the boys on her laptop. Oh shit.

"I'm fine.. I just um.. I t-tripped down the stairs. Yep." I said trying to keep it cool. I looked at Charli through the mirror and saw she was not impressed. "Nicole what happened." She said. I put the hood up on the jacket josh gave me and sat near her while covering my face. "I just tripped! I'm fine!" She looked at me for a second then back at the boys on FaceTime.

"Nik what the hell happened. Why are you covering your face." Josh said through FaceTime, a little concerned. "I'm ok. I just tripped in the hall." I said. "But you just said before that you fell down the stairs. Stop lying and tell us!" Josh said, even more concerned. I looked down and just walked away, avoiding the question. "I will go figure it out, call you guys back later." Charli said as she hung up. The boys just said ok and they ended the call.

"Nicole tell me. I won't tell them." I looked down and said "Jackson fucking punched me in the face because I elbowed his stomach when he tried lifting me up." Pretty quickly, Charli hugged me. I hugged her back and she said "and why won't you tell the boys?" I looked at her and said "are you crazy?! Have you met them?! Josh and jaden will come here and literally rip off jacksons head. And the other two will worry." Charli laughed and said "you tel them yourself. And your brothers too. Now, go to bed because we have class tomorrow." I nodded and went to sleep in exactly what I was wearing.