Chapter 53

~Taylers pov~
Once I left the house, I honestly had no idea where to go.. or if this man was even our dad or not. I mean.. what other person could possibly do that to Nicole.

It's disgusting that our own father could do that. Parents are supposed to be someone you look up to. Someone who helped you get through life. It's ridiculous that our father had done everything he had because he didn't approve of how Nicole is.

I don't know how someone couldn't like her though. So what, she's not the girly girl our parents wanted her to be. I think Nicole has grown to be an amazing girl. She was successful with football, social media loves her, and she found herself a pretty great person. Like come on, her and josh are perfect for eachother.

I sat in my car just driving around, looking for him. I don't know who "him" exactly is.. but hopefully I find them. I drove around for a while, an hour maybe. I decided that I should just be home making sure no one comes to bother anyone. I got home and pulled into the driveway and heard a loud scream, like a girls. It sounded familiar.

~Nicole's pov~
When the first movie ended, I noticed we were running low on snacks. "Hey guys, I will be right back ok." I said while attempting to get up. Josh pulled me back and said "where are you going?"

"I need some more snacks." I said with a little giggle.

"Ok, I'll come." Josh said while getting up holding me. "Josh I can walk you know." I said while laughing. He just raised an eyebrow.

"Oh can you now?" He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Ok ok, maybe not.. continue."

Everyone laughed and josh brought me downstairs. We got into the kitchen and josh sat me down in the counter as he stood between my legs. I smiled and pecked his lips.

When he pulled away, He looked around and said "shoot.. I forgot to bring the bowls down. I will be right back." I laughed and nodded my head, watching him disappear up the stairs.

I just sat on the counter looking around and staring out each of the windows for a few seconds each. When my focus went towards the back windows, I saw a person standing there. Someone older.. with an evil smile.

They started banging on the window scaring me so I screamed. The person ran to the back door, swinging it open. I screamed one more time, louder. Next thing I knew the front door opened and lots of footsteps came from the stairs.

~Taylers pov~
I heard the scream again then finally realized.. that's Nicole. I ran out of the car and towards the house. I got inside and saw Nicole on the kitchen counter, some guys coming towards her, and all of the others running down the stairs.

The guy looked familiar. He was walking towards her, putting his hands out. I walked over angrily and said "don't lay a fucking hand on her." The guy laughed.

"You know tayler, I always thought you'd be the one to move away for college and forget about this little piece of shit. What makes you want to stay here?" That's when I knew who it was.

"Dad get the fuck out of here. I know that's you. And I could never leave and not come back unlike a person I used to know. Now tell me, why did you all of the sudden come back? Is it because we are succeeding and you aren't getting recognition? Is it because you missed us? Or do you just want to do what you do best and ruin everything? Tell us." I said angrily.

My dad just laughed. What could possibly be so funny right now?! Whatever it is.. I'm not having it. Matter of fact, I just decided to run towards him and attack. I dragged him outside away from everyone. Especially Nicole. All of this stress already on her right now.. I don't need her hurting herself or the baby.

~Nicole's pov~
I watched as Tayler brought our dad outside to the backyard to fight him. Bryce followed tayler outside and the others stayed with me. "Guys let's agree on this, we just can't leave Nicole alone for more then a second." Griffin said with a little laugh, trying to brighten the mood a little.

Dixie hit his arm but I just laughed a little. Everyone looked confused. Except josh, well I couldn't tell.. he was holding me in a tight hug with his head on my shoulder. "Guys I'm ok, I'm just fucking scared.. you should've seen him at the window." I said while looking at everyone's faces.

I looked towards the backyard and saw both of my brothers attacking my dad, but it low key looked like they needed help. I'm a little too weak right now to help them but I can see the look in Joshs eyes that he wants to fucking kill my dad. Jaden however is focused on me being ok.

Funny actually, it's like josh and Jaden switched roles. Usually Jaden is the "I'm gonna kill" type of person. But I mean, this is all probably hard for josh to see his girlfriend suffer like how I am. "Josh, go out there. I'm ok in here." He looked down at me as I said that. "Princess, you sure? Your ok in here?"

I nodded and said "josh, I'm not alone. I'm ok. Now go help them." Josh nodded and kissed my cheek, then ran out to the yard. I just watched the three of the beat up my dad. He deserves it.. I think. I mean, the other guy had to of been my dad.

I watched as the three of them also took some hits. It was scaring me a little. I started to flinch at every hit and shout. I just wanted to go out there and help in some way, but I couldn't.

I hopped off of the counter and just stood by the back door watching the fight. Before I knew it, I was full blown crying. I felt someone grab my shoulders and turn me around. I looked up the see Jaden. I frowned and he pulled me into a hug.

I hugged him tightly just crying. He rubbed the back of my head and said "Nikki relax, everything will be alright. Your brothers and josh will be ok, and the cops are coming for your dad right now. Charli called them. Calm down." I just nodded.

About ten minutes later, a bunch of cops came, taking my dad away for good, then checking on the other three. They were all fine, thankfully, so no hospital trips today. When they all came back over to us, tayler and Bryce hugged me.

"He's not gonna bother us anymore. We are ok." Tayler said. I just nodded and said "o-ok but can we all just hangout in the living room.. I don't want to be alone." Everyone nodded and we all went to the living room.

I sat right on top of josh curled in a ball. My face was in the space between his neck and shoulder, and his arms around me tightly. He reached over and grabbed a blanket and put it over the two of us. Soon enough, I fell asleep finally relaxed a bit more.

A/N:
Ok so I'm on a little writers block right now. If anyone has any ideas for the book, please comment them and help me out! ALSO, check out my message board thingy because I put up an announcement last night sooo yeah check that out and the others too. Love you all! 🤍🤍