Chapter 18: Starbucks.

*Tris Pov*

I wake up happy. This is my first morning I woke up without a hangover and plus today is a Friday. I don't have school and Duke does not either so we are planning to go to Starbucks and study there and help each other with homework. 

I get out of bed and fix the sheets and then I go to my side of the dresser and find some clothes. He let me put my clothes in there. I have my apartment back I just need to build my money back up. So far with me doing extra things around and doing extra hours. I roughly have 200 dollars. I had around 800 so 600 more to go. 

After I find some clothes I set the on the bed. I grab my towel, body soap, lotion, wash cloths and my bra and underwear. I go take a long shower and when I am finished I put on dark blue high waist skinny jeans, a black longsleeve shirt and a jean jacket that has the sleeves of a hoody. So it's like a jean jacket with a hoody inside. Then I lace on some black timber lands and I just straighten my hair and I put on a beanie. I put on some jewelry and Mascara, eyeliner and pink lip gloss.

I grab my homework and tablet and connecting computer keyboard. I put it in my bookbag and I sling it over my shoulder and I go into the living room where I see Duke packing up his things. I plop down on the couch. 

"Perfect timing Tris" He says and I smile and Laugh. 

"So what's your major again?" We ask at the same time and then laugh. 

"I want to be in the law enforcement....FBI, Police it does not matter" I say standing up when he is finished. "What about you?" I ask 

"I think I want to be a physical therapist because I like to help people" He says as we walk outside on the campus and I give him a side hug shivering due to the freezing November day. Oh crap I forgot thanksgiving is in a week. I make a mental note about that. Most likely my parents want me to come back with them. 

"You do a really good job at helping people" I say and he wraps his arms around me to hug back but leaves them there to keep me warm. Up ahead we see the gang talking and laughing sitting on the little concrete steps. Zeke and Uriah are dancing doing the whip and the gang is just talking. 

I smile and laugh and we walk by them and they stop us because we have to walk past them to get to the parking lot. 

"HEY!" They shout when they see us. It is Uriah, Marlene, Zeke, Shauna, Christina, Will, Four, Nita, Lynn and Al. 

"Hey" We wave. 

"Nice shoes" Christina smirks when she see that all of us are wearing timberland's. 

I smile and we high five. 

"So where are you guys heading?" Shauna asks as she walks out of Zeke's embrace and throws her arms over my shoulders. 

"We are going to starbucks to study and get some drinks there"Duke says and their eyes widen. Well everyone except Nita and Four since they are in the back making out. 

"We are going there too" They say

"Cool! Lets go" Duke smiles and we go to our cars. 

+++

"One Caramel Crembrule frappe" I say "Oh and a chocolate blueberry muffin" I say and pay the cashier. 

After getting my stuff I go it in the middle between Duke and Al and it's like a window but a booth so I sit right there. 

I sip my drink and open my books. 

"You guys are actually studying?" Uriah asks us noticing us quiet and reading or doing homework on paper or computers. 

"Uh yeah" Lynn rolls her eyes.

"Oh then let me do my homework then" Zeke says with a mouthful of sandwich and we roll our eyes and get back to work. 

We sit at the table in complete silence doing homwork. 

I have one headphone in my ear listening to Iggy Azelea and Jlo on Pandora. 

I am almost finished my notes when I look over and I see Duke focusing really hard on whatever he is working on and his eyebrows are pushed together. 

I laugh quietly and put my finger in the middle of his eyebrows and push them back to normal. 

"Relax dude" I laugh he laughs too and hands me the paper that he is working on. 

"Mr. White has a history of chronic idiopathic Parkinson's disease, severe bilateral hand deformities as a result of rheumatoid arthritis, and recently diagnosed bilateral cataracts which contribute to his extremely poor vision. His medications include Sinemet (for Parkinson's disease), and Voltarin and Prednisone (both anti-inflammatory medications) and Tylenol 3s (analgesic) for acute bouts of swelling and pain. Mr. White is edentulous for both upper and lower teeth. He suffers both feeding and swallowing problems (oral and oral-pharyngeal stages) and got treated for it. What do you do to help the patient until he recovers?." I read out loud and burst out laughing. 

"I don't understand one thing I just read" I said. 

"What would you do?" He asks laughing.

"Say F*ck this $hit and walk away...." I say laughing and he burst into laughter and so does Christina who was obviously listening. "No.... hmm... I would tell him that....that it is nasty and brush your teeth" I say and he smiles and I hand him back his paper. 

"I'm going to get more coffee...does anyone need anything?" Four stands up smiling down at Nita. 

"Nope" We all say and pop the 'p'. He leaves and returns with two more coffees for him and Nita and we get back to work. 

"Okay....Duke read this one" I hand him my sheet. 

"Integrity Scenarios 1. You and your partners are executing a search warrant on a suspected drug dealers residence. Your team finds illegal drugs and a large amount of money in the house. As your team is securing the contraband in the appropriate evidence bags, you observe one team member place some of the money into his pocket. What would you do?" He reads outloud and furrows his eyebrows again. He does that alot. 

"Walk in there and be like 'Squad Up' and start fighting and take the stuff back for investigation" He says and I start to laugh. 

"Nope.. A bad answer would be, I would report it to my supervisor. The first thing you should do is confront your co-worker. Tell him what you observed, and ask him what he did with the money. Suggest to the panel that perhaps he logged it into another evidence bag. The panel will probably ask you, What would you do if he says he did not put any money into his pocket? You should tell them that if your co-worker continued to deny taking the money, you would then notify your supervisor." I say and he nods looking at the answer. I smile high five myself. 

Soon we are all finished around 6 and we was here until 3 and I am surprised they didn't cut us off with the coffee and muffins. 

"Hey do you want to come to the club with me tonight. You can call your friends. I sadly have to work but I can get you in for free" He says and my eyes light up. 

"Sure.....I promise that I won't drink alot" I say and with that I call the gang up and we are all scheduled to meet at the club tonight. But I am going with duke.