Chapter 44: Tattoos

I believe that you can play this song while reading it. If you are on an iPod or phone. Just click play and the click out of it while reading it.

I hope you enjoy.

*Tris Pov*

"What would it be?" A man who looks around 25 with greasy, flat, shoulder length black hair, pale skin, piercings and tattoo's everywhere on his body. He has on a black muscle tank top with knee length black cargo shorts with a chain hanging off of them with black boots.

We are currently at the tattoo parlor. This place is the best around here on the board walk. It has a dark mysterious feel to it with hard rock playing in the background.

I look down at the 'menu' since I really don't know what to call it. It has piercings and all types of piercings under it and the amount along with tattoos in different sizes with amounts. Custom made tattoos are only five dollars more than the average tattoo-depending on size of course.

"Um." I gulp and look to Tobias who has his arm slung around me and he shrugs his shoulders. I take off my shades and get a better view.

"A tattoo." I say "Will there be books in the back?" I ask and he nods.

"Oh and she wants the rest of her ears pierced!" Lynn jumps in "Helix, Industrial, Orbital, and Upper lobe." Lynn says and I gasp as he types everything into the cashier computer.

"No." I say and start shaking my head. "I don't need all of that." I say and he stops typing it in and just stares at us bored.

"She will. Now stop before I make you get your nose pierced." She says and I whine.

"Follow me." He says and finish typing things into the computer.

"Sit." He instructs and walks away back into a room. I look around and see people covered in tattoos and various piercings talking and laughing while some of their friends get tattooed or pierced in odd places.

He walks back in wearing gloves and carrying a plastic tray where I see silver metal balls moving around. He sets them down and sits on the chair beside me.

The gang crowds around the left side while he does his work on the right side.

"You did want your piercings done first right?" He asks and I roll my eyes giving my bucket hat to Tobias.

"I didn't have choice did I?" I ask as Tobias puts it on him and I glare at him. I can't lie, he does look fine.

He smirks and starts to disinfect my ear and Uriah whips out his phone. I roll my eyes.

"Both ears?" He asks and I nod and he starts to do his work. I flinch every once in a while but nothing too serious.

He hands me a mirror and I look at the temporary silver stud and rod in my red ear and nod. I do look pretty badass.

He gives me instructions on how to clean them properly and how to avoid infections.

Then he starts on my tattoo. Everyone leaves to go get started on their own permanent pictures while I get mine done.

I flip through some books until I find the right one. Its three ravens in flight. I love it. It reminds me of my family. The three of them Mom, Dad, and Caleb. Yeah they might be stuck up and snobby but they are my family and I love them.

"I want this." I say handing him the picture and he sketches it on me. I nod and hold Tobias' hand as he starts to put the permanent ink on me.

"I didn't think I was going to get all of this done today." I say with shock and I wince as he puts the ink on my skin.

"I know right." Tobias says squeezing my hand. After that is done he puts some cream on my collar bone where I got it and wraps it up. I decided to get TNT on my wrist with Tobias showing our love for one another. Defining that we are never leaving each other.

Lastly a collage of cherry blossom leaves, branches and stars. It's on my side and this means a lot to me.

"I'd like this one please." I say just as a song comes on that is not metal. I know this song, it's by a Perfect Circle, and I love it to death. It's called, The Outsider.

It's a coincidence that this song just comes on now. This describes everything right now. Back in Chicago, when I was younger maybe about 15 or 16, I had this best friend named Susan, she was my neighbor along with her brother Robert.

Susan and I were always close friends, we understood each other. We would sit under her cherry blossom tree in her backyard which was so rare to have and just gaze up at the stars wondering what it was to feel free like them.

Our lives were perfect or so you think. While our parents were on a white yacht smoking cigars and drinking red wine Robert, Susan, Caleb, and I were left back in Chicago. Caleb and Robert would be upstairs playing educational video games about math while Susan and I were in my room getting ready to go to a party.

Susan was always the type to keep things concealed but when she was around me she was loose, wild, daring. So every time our parents went on trips or 'business trips' we would leave to go to parties.

Well this one party changed it all, we were dressed in tight but not slutty dresses that night going to one of our friend's parties. We were in high school and loved drinking, even smoking the occasionally cigarette or stealing cigar's from our parents.

We had drank all night and I couldn't find her. I looked all around the house and I found her in a room taking meth with some boys. I immediately grabbed her hand and dragged her out the house to her room. I helped her take a shower and clean up.

She was so out of it, I kept trying to help her and nothing helped she would just go straight to those parities without telling me. So I tried to tell Robert about helping her but he was so out of touch with what she was going through that he couldn't help her. He basically didn't care.

Of course they lived in the same house but he just thought she was a disgrace, a disappointment. One day she just got fed up and depressed and hung herself in her closet leaving me a note telling me how much she loved me and how sorry she was.

So when I first heard this song and understood the lyrics and the meaning. I even looked it up and it matched me perfectly.

-"I had a friend who had some chemical problems. I ended up meeting his brother and his brother was so out of touch with what he was going through....so this song is kinda sung through the perspective of the brother who doesn't understand what his loved one is going through and in a way has no compassion for what he is going through...this song is called the outsider because that brother is standing on the outside of a understanding and doesn't get it. This song is from the perspective of someone who is ignorant and doesn't have the time or patience to understand what their loved one is going through."

That is what the writer said it was about. It matched me perfectly. So I played this song over and over and over. I still do to remember my best friend.

So I felt the need to not be chained down by my parents like Susan was and I didn't want to escape by committing suicide so I left, that is the main reason why I left Chicago.

That is why I love the song-The Outsider.
〰〰〰〰〰
Guys this story is not over btw!!
Maybe in like 10-15 more chapters maybe 20. I don't know about doing a sequel. My plan is to take a break once I am finished with all my stories.

I hope you now understand why I chose it to be called The Outsider and the story behind it.

Wattpad is tiring. 😓😴.

Lol ✌️ and ❤️ everyone.

Don't forget to click the star for vote and comment! Do you like this story?
Ps: if the video doesn't work go online and search The Outsider by A Perfect Circle. I love it and am listening to it now. As you can tell thanks and please listen. Thx.