Chapter 15: Place to Stay?

*Tris Pov*

Tears start to swim in my eyes.  I can't see anything. I wipe my eyes and go to try to find anything that is not damaged. I see my picture of me, my mother, my father, and Caleb on my dresser. The picture frame is broken but the picture is fine. I grab that and a duffel bag I fill it up with my clothes that is not torn into streads. I put my under clothes and shoes. Luckly I always keep my Jordans, Nike's, Vans, Timerlands, and Chucks in their boxes when I buy them so they should be fine. I put that in there and make sure I everything that is not damaged. 

I wipe my face again and sniffle going to Christina's room. I knock on the door and a shirtless Will answers the door. 

"Oh sorry" I say walking away.

"TRIS!" Will shouts to me and then I hear Christina.

"I'm fine! I'll be back later!" I lie not wanting to ruin their time together. 

I sigh and take my bun out of my hair. Why did the happen? Who did this? Maybe someone just did this for no reason. I go to knock on Marlene's door and I can faintly here Uriah laughing on the other side. Why the heck is everyone with thier boyfriends today?

I know the last person to go to.... Four. Once I get to his room and I knock on the door I see Nita answer the door... I groan and roll my eyes. 

I run down the hall letting my feet walk for them self. I slide down the wall putting my head in my knees and let my tears flow freely down my face. Sometimes I think coming to Portland was a mistake all of thus was a mistake.

"Tris?" I hear a voice. 

I look up and see Duke from the bar standing there in black skinny jeans for men, a black tight V-neck, biker boots, biker leather jacket, and he is holding a bike helment. 

"Are you okay?" He asks and I shake my head no. 

"Come on" He sets his bag and helmet on the floor crouching down to pick me up and placing me inside on his couch and then goes outside to grab his things. His room is HUGE once you walk in there you look to your left and there is his kitchen with an granite island. The living room has a couch that's almost like a bed and then another one across it. A flat screen televison and then through double glass doors is his bedroom that is very clean and has a bathroom inside it. His bed room has a king size bed with 2 windows inside of the room. 

The lights are dim and gives a library, jazzy feel to it. 

"You look like you need a drink....yeah?" He asks and I shake my head yes and he rushes into his kitchen. He comes back out within 5 seconds holding 2 glasses. 

"Scotch..straight" He says handing it to me. We both drink it slowly and I set the glass on the table and sit down on the couch and he follows on the other side. 

"So what happend?" He asked

"I was helping Four with his homework and when I came home the hinges on my door was broken and most of my stuff was either gone or damaged" I say tears bluring my vison. 

"How about tomorrow we can go to the main office and file a complaint and then get you a new apartment" He says and I nod. " In the meantime how about you call someone" He gives me his phone while he goes and takes the now empty glasses to the kitchen. I just stare at the phone. I have no one to call. 

"I-I have no one to call" I stutter out. 

"No family? Uncles? Aunts? Cousins? What about your friends?" He asks

I shake my head no. 

"I am from Chicago.... All of my family are back there...and all of my friends are busy" I say 

"So your not here to use the phone?" He tries to joke but I burst out into tears. 

"Okay. Okay. Okay. Sorry how about you crash here tonight and like I said tomorrow we go to the main office?" He says and I nod. 

"I can take the couch" I say

"No you can take the bed and I will take the couch" He says. I am too tired to protest. He leads me to his bedroom and hands me a big sweatshirt and I grab a pair of shorts out of my bed that was not destroyed. 

I thank him and go into his bedroom and I change my clothes and I wipe off my face, brush my teeth and I brush through my hair putting it in a ponytail. 

I lay his bed and stare at the wall. 

"Are you okay?" He crouches in front of me

I nod.

"If you need anything....let me know I am just up front" He says I nod and he gives me a hug and goes up front..

I just lay there in the dark and reflect on everything today from being okay to crying and staying at a friends place. I shake my head and turn my body to face his window and I look at the stars illuminating the sky. Soon sleep takes over my tired body and I am out like a light. 

Hopefully tomorrow is going to better.