Chapter 16: New Place.....

*Tris Pov*

I slowly open my eyes and take in my surroundings. I am at Duke's place, I got robbed and I don't have anywhere to stay.

Tears well into my eyes again but I push them back and take a couple of deep breaths.

I swing my leg over the bed and my feet hit his black, clean, fluffy carpet and I stand up and go into the bathroom. I wash my face and smooth down my ponytail. I brush my teeth and put my things back into the bag.

I quietly walk into the kitchen and start a pot of coffee. I don't wake him up I just try my best to find everything. Once I successfully start a pot of coffee. I just walk around his place admiring the beautiful pictures.

"Good Morning" I turn around startled and see Duke sitting up from his deep sleep stretching and cracking his neck.

"Good Morning" I say

"Are you okay?" He asks me

"Yeah..Just looking around these pictures are beautiful where did you find them?" I admire at pit with water flowing down the walls it is almost like a cave and it has 2 rocks.

"I drew them... That right there is the Chasm." He says

"Chasm" I repeat him quietly running my fingers over the beautiful painting.

"Do you have school today?" He asks as he pours 2 cups of coffee and setting out the creamer and sugar.

"Nope ... and today is a Wednesday so I don't have to work either ... how about you?" I ask putting in the sugar and creamer.

"I do have class at 3 to 6 but I don't have to go to work" He says and I nod and look at the time. 12 pm.

"I just wanted to thank you....you know for everything if it was not for you then I don't know where I would be now" I say

"No problem.... When a friend needs help I'm there" He says and I smile.

"How about tonight we go and get dinner since I am no cook myself.... casually" He says

"Sure.. I would like that"

+++

"Alright Tris I am going to make my way to class.... sorry I couldn't make it with you to the main office" Duke yells from the other side of the door.

"No problem Thank you and I will lock up!" I yell of the running water of the shower.

"Bye!"

"Bye!"

Once he leaves I go into the bedroom and start to get dressed.

I search through my bag and I find an outfit and my jewelry that was safe.

A longsleeve sweatshirt with mickey mouse on it, black sweatpants that look like jeans or joggers from a far and my pink, black, and gold nike KD's. I put on my grandmothers gold chain and bracelet and I put on some lip balm and eyeliner, and mascara.

I just pull my hair into a messy bun and I grab my purse and I walk out into the hallway making sure that the door is locked.

As I am walking outside the cold wind slapping me in the face. I see Christina.

"Hey Tris!" She runs to me.

"Hey Christina" We walk inside the main building.

"What happened last night.... Will told me that you was crying" She says

"Um Yeah....Someone broke into my apartment yesterday and I needed a place to stay" I say

"Oh my goodness are you okay?" She asks concern running over he face.

"Yeah alot of my stuff was damaged. I can't believe I am saying this but Christina take me shopping tomorrow" I say and a smile breaks out across her face and then falls.

"Who are you staying with?" She asks

"Well I went to you and you were 'busy' then I went to Marlene and she had Uriah over and now that I am saying it out loud I want to kill myself I went to Four's room but Nita answered it and then I was just randomly walking and ended up in a hallway crying and Duke saw me and I am staying with him just today and I am getting a new apartment now" I say

"Duke? Hot Bartender Duke?" She asks and I nod. She squeals loudly making everyone stare at her and I laugh.

"Oh Tris.....GO GIRL!"

+++

"There aren't any new closer apartments for junior students. You would have to stay in the sophomore or senior college dorms and then it will take longer to get to your classes" Mrs. Mathews says. The principal of the college.

"But you don't understand somebody broke into my apartment you have to do something" I say

"Look Beatrice there is nothing I can't do...The only thing I can do is get maintenance to fix the door.. As for your money you lost we can't do anything" She says standing up pacing in front of me.

"The building and rooms is all of ours, your furniture and personal items are yours and we can't get that back. We are sorry" She says opening our door signaling that the discussion is over.

I roll my eyes and stand up. I grab my things and storm out.

Now I have to start all over again. Just like when I fist came here.