Chapter 17: Chandelier

*Tris Pov*

(2 Weeks Later)

It has been two weeks since my apartment has been robbed and no sign of who did it. I have been still 'living' with Duke. I have not been taking the issue properly. I have been drinking alot lately trying to just push away the feeling of knowing that I am somewhat homeless. 

I stumble into the apartment tripping over my own feet. I see that Duke is sleep on the couch and I groan. I told him I can sleep on the couch and he can have his bed back. I go into the room and find my stash of jack Daniel's in my bag it's only a small bottle. I down that and then think how my parents will not accept this behavior and want me to be like Caleb my brother who stayed behind to go to college where my parents are to become a doctor. Well screw my parents and brother. 

I slide to the foot of the bed and swing my feet back and fourth laughing loudly at nothing in particular. I am just trying to hold back tears of everything. Tears form in my eyes and I start trying to find something funny to stop me from crying because if I cry I won't be able to stop. 

"Tris?" Duke stands in his doorway shirtless staring at me. 

"Huh?" My voice cracks as I stop swinging my feet and I look up at him.

"Where are you coming from?" He asks me. 

"The bar" I slur giggling sliding off my heels. 

"Tris are you crying?"He asks wiping my eyes.

"Shh" I slur again covering his mouth with my hand sloppily. 

I laugh loudly. 

"Maybe if you don't acknowledge it. Maybe it will go away." I start to unzip my mid thigh dress that Christina brought me when we went shopping a while ago. I dressed up as a military person for Halloween and when we went shopping for my costume we brought alot of clothes. 

"Tris" He sighs when I stand and slip out of my dress leaving me in my black and red lace undergarments. I giggle loudly when my mind starts to feel fuzzy. 

"Come on lets get you in some clothes.... you are going to have one hell of a hangover tomorrow" He says avoid looking at my body. But when he stands I walk over to him and crash my lips to his and he pulls away. 

"Your drunk Tris" He says

"Your right I'm sorry" I burst into tears and he gathers me in my arms after he grabs me some clothes. 

"I'm sorry I am such a burden. I'm sorry I have to live with you. I'm sorry that I am drunk. I'm so sorry!" I say crying hard on to his shoulder and he squeezes me. 

"You are not a burden you are an great friend who I care for very much" He says as he pulls back and wipes my eyes for me. He helps me into some knee length sweatpants and a sweatshirt. He pulls my hair in to a messy bun and grabs a wet cloth and wipes my face free of make up and tears. 

He slides some socks on and kisses my forehead. 

"Goodnight Tris" He says as he lays me under the sheets and before I can respond I am out like a light. 

+++

"Are you ready Tris?" Tori asks me and I nod fixing my hair and putting my hands and feet on some powder so I won't slip for the song I am about to do. 

I am going to preform on Aerial Silk while Chandelier is on by Sia. This song fits me so well right now. I keep drinking and not knowing what's going on when I wake up. Tori and Cher really did a good job. 

I am going to be the only one going out tonight so everyone gets to watch. 

The music starts and everyone cheers.