ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ʜɪs sᴛᴀʀ

♡︎ 𝐙𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ♡︎

/ edited /

• this chapter is majorly modified •

"May we come in?" I heard an authoritative voice speak outside my office door, and I took another sip of some water down my throat, before grumbling profanities under my breath.

"No." I huffed, not wanting to fucking talk with anyone anymore. I felt even sicker than before, as I couldn't stop worrying about what might be happening to her this very second.

"We are coming in Zander, whether you like it or not." The same voice spoke angrily behind me, and I rolled my eyes, not giving a damn to turn around to face the guests who abruptly entered my office and closed the door behind them.

"Zander." Thomas spoke up loudly, trying to get my attention, as he failed miserably because the next thing I do is add more whiskey to my glass and gulp it.

"You can't have have an empty stomach for long, you are a werewolf. You need to digest something." He said worriedly, walking towards me and snatching the bottle of water away from me.

"Leave me the fuck alone." I growled at him with no hesitation, as he furrowed his wrinkles and eyebrows at me as worry, while I held a scowl on my face before plastering a pained expression.

"No, we need to talk." Luca demanded stubbornly while coming to my other side with arms crossed.

"There's nothing to talk about. I have nothing to share or say, you both know that." I concluded with no remorse.

"You know they are winning." Luca whispered painfully as a matter of fact, and I didn't acknowledge his words.

"He's right Zander, you're letting the rogues win." Thomas added with a voice filled with gloominess.

I huffed silently, watching the wind flirt with the leaves of the forest near the pack house, already seeing the uneasy pack members worrying about their Luna openly, imagining how I and Sofia were there when I marked her.

How I held her in my arms like it's the last thing in the world and how she smiled at me.

Oh God, her heavenly smile.

"Y-You think I'm not trying?" I whispered at both of them, almost sounding desperate at this point, making them look down in despair, already knowing I've tried everything in my power to fix this.

"I understand why you're like this, I don't blame you. But there has to be something missing, maybe even a tiny detail." Luca argued.

"If you're here to prompt me on Nidia, I've literally spooked everyone in the council to the brim with you Luca. You know that more than me Thomas, these stupid privileges shouldn't be given to her." I shook my head in disappointment, again sitting back down on the office couch.

"Well...then how can you let them succeed in break you completely?" Thomas interjected.

Not with this again.

"What am I supposed to do then? Make my men waste more days or maybe even weeks in searching for her in the pack lands? Or should I sulk with the broken footage of the cafeteria in front of me? Tell me Doctor, what the fuck am I supposed to do? Even I know you want the rogues gone just like me, but just like you own men, we all can't find them." I snarled at him, as he gulped at the situation, knowing really well that I couldn't do that much.