ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: sᴋʏʜɪɢʜ

♡︎ 𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ♡︎

/ edited /

"Ready to leave?" Zander entreated softly after I was done eating.

"Yes." I chirped after wrapping the chicken wrap properly to make it doesn't fall in any way, that would be a disaster.

"Wait outside, I'll throw the trash away," He instructed softly before kissing my cheek and taking the trays away, and I got up from the seat and went out the doors.

I stood outside and hugged myself, admiring the chilly wind, feeling the amazing nightfall bestow its power onto my wolf as it was her favourite time of the day, making her happy as we say the moon displayed faultlessly above us, and surprisingly busy road with cars flying by my sight. I amassed the chicken wrap with me safely and waited.

I looked around to see the night was still young, many people were outside and it was only like half-past ten. I noticed a human kid trying to sell his hand-made stickers to strangers when they rudely declined him, making me frown after seeing his expression. He seemed very upset, and tired and immensely exhausted. I strolled up to him while he was wiping some sweat off of his forehead, and he looked up at me, making me greet him with a warm smile.

"Hey there." I initiated, kneeling to his level and he gave me a tired smile in return, probably seeing someone approach him instead of him having to do it.

"Hi," He croaked out.

"What stickers do you have there?"

"Spider-man," He said, showing me his stickers. He's so adorable.

"Would you like to buy them? It's a dollar for 2 sets,"

"I don't have any money." I muttered sadly, pouting at the loss of lucre, to which he nodded in understanding while sighing.

"Are you here alone?"

"My parents are back in the village." He spoke softly, looking in a particular direction to point at the nearby small houses, and I grinned at the adorable sizes of them. All of sudden his tummy rumbled, obviously looking a bit peckish, but also felt a little embarrassed.

I chuckled at his cute nature and decided to hand him the wrap I had with me. He looked very shocked by my action, almost searching for something in my eyes cautiously, and looked back and forth me and wrap.

"I'm full, you can have it." I stated happily while giving him an assuring nod.

He quietly takes it in his tiny hands and his eyes instantly lit up like the stars. He looked so innocent, so happy. He didn't deserve the contradiction from the ungrateful people walking among us, and seeing his face reminded me how cruel even humans can be, but then there are the good ones too, just like him.

"Thank you so much ma'am, I can feed my mom!" He cheered while fist-bumping in the air, and I frowned.

"Aren't you hungry?"

"My mom needs it more, she hasn't eaten in two days,"

"Who?" Zander suddenly approached the scene while coming behind me, making me get up from the ground and stand beside him, while he snaked his arm around my waist while looking at the young boy.

"His mother," I whispered to him, as he nodded in response and grinned at the boy with a warming smile.

I noticed that Zander had some bags with him with the logo of McDonald's in different colours after he came back here, seeing there was extra food in there, and he did exactly what I thought he would do. Out of the 4 bags he had, he handed 2 of them to the kid in front of us after kneeling himself, and the boy gaped at him like he was an alien.