ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ: sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴄᴏᴅᴇ

♡︎ 𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ♡︎

/ edited /

"I swear, do I look good enough?" Ben worriedly asked while checking himself out in the mirror, making this the forth time he is questioning the same thing, making me chuckle.

"Bro, you're good. It's just Chase, your fashion sense is off the hook. You don't need to worry about looking shabby." I giggled.

"Can't you understand? It's the first time I'm meeting him! Like, you know how much I've wished to meet my mate. I'm a sucker for romance books. Now that it's actually going to happen, I can't help but shit my pants. I might need a diaper." He face-palmed. 

"Okay, that's enough. You're worrying too much. Chase already loves you, he can't wait to meet you. You've seen our texts right?" I pointed out the obvious.

"I know Sof, but still. He's like the gayest man I've come across. I just don't want to disappoint him..like...everyone e-else." He whispered the last part to himself, making me plaster a sad smile of comfort towards him in sorrow because of what he's been through.

He was still visibly trying to improve his mental health just like me, even though his part of the story is very different from mine, but whenever we would sit together and talk about our worst fears, it becomes emotionally deep to the point where we cry with each other.

I haven't seen him at his worst, heck, I don't know if I'll be able to stay still if I do. Just getting a small glimpse of how he becomes when he breaks just taught me more about self-worth, and how much it brings people down even when you're absolutely amazing.

Ben was insecure for no reason, everything about him was just adorable. Yes, he is the polar opposite of how he looks like, it was clear that even though Chase is the most peaceful person I've ever met, until it became Ben, my brother was going to be the dominant wolf.

Ben had no experience with guys whatsoever, but unfortunately, even if there were homosexual people in the pack, their mates would be often outside the pack, causing them to travel all the way outside, leaving him alone.

So naturally, I made it a habit for him to always come to me whenever he would be upset. He's the exact age of Zander, still not much into the misery of adulthood, so it was easier for me to talk to him too.

I quickly got off the bed and walked towards him to hug him, and he immediately flinched at my touch after gulping the bile down his throat.

"You will never disappoint him. Chase is not like those people, and furthermore, you're amazing. You can't let them affect you, I know how you're feeling, I've been in your place before. But someone taught me in the past to never listen to people who don't mean anything to me." I smiled at him joyfully, as he hugged me back with his hitched breaths and nodded in understanding.

"I-I know, but the fear is something I can't get rid of that easily, okay? You never know what might happen when we meet. What if something wrong happens? What if he realises he doesn't wanna be my mate once he sees me?" He asked in a broken voice, which made my heart clench.

"He would never think about that, ever. I guarantee you, my brother is not like. You both are perfect for each other, you will complete each other okay? Don't think in a bad way, everything is fine and well. And remember to put your sandalwood cologne on, he's obsessed with it." I giggled, before pulling away and fixing his blazer properly to adjust it on his broad shoulder properly.