ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴀʀʀɪᴠᴀʟ

♡︎ 𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ♡︎

/ edited /

'M-Mate...?'

I could finally hear Evie speak a little bit after a long rest, making my eyes widen after realising I had not misheard what the dashing man had uttered in front of me, making my lips part even more, before almost tripping on my spot to see her emerge out of the blue because of him.

It was astonishing to feel how Evie's interest was curated into a whole climax, as my heart pounded in my chest with the sudden encounter, but at the same time, many things came into my mind in different theories, sometimes refuting to the concept of me having a mate, to finally believing the fact that the Moon Goddess was not having a grudge against me.

Yet I was still not completely sure about this, how could I be? I was..told that I wouldn't have a mate by literally everyone in my life, other than Zuri that is.

There is no way. Maybe he's looking at someone behind me?

I turned around to see a creamy wall, and nothing else, not even a painting on it. Okay, nevermind.

Maybe someone around me?

The only people around me were the male pack warriors, or testosterone filled flesh with beards and glares towards the man for taking away the attention of all the females.

'Unless he's gay...?'

'He's looking at us. SOFIA HE'S LOOKING AT US!' Evie cheered in excitement, as I could imagine her clapping her hands if she were human, making me cough in bewilderment and still see him staring at my actions of looking around, probably not knowing why I was doing it.

Okay so, now what am I supposed to do about my plan?

I was even excited for it..darn it.

Before anything else could happen, the people of my pack, especially Alpha Kane was waiting for my mate to walk onto the stage but my mate was not moving, he was still looking at me. This made everyone question his freezing moment in confusion, and the man made no attempt to give them the satisfaction by still keeping me trapped under his gaze, but I couldn't read his face.

What was he thinking?

'Okay, maybe he's thinking that we are ugly like everyone else.'

'Sof, that's not—'

'Maybe he's thinking about how he doesn't want us.'

'SOFIA FREAKING ROSE. STOP—'

"What if he wants to reject us?" I whispered, almost so softly that it was inaudible, ever so quietly, so no one would hear me.

But then I frowned after seeing amazing face turn into a glare, almost in a scary one that would terrify everyone in the room, making me have more theories in my mind as to why he looked furious about something.

Is he angry about us being his mate?

Is he dissatisfied with what he was paired with me this lifetime?

Did he expect someone else? Someone who could possibly be more fitting to his desired criteria of what he wants in a girl?

Those made thoughts shot a huge pain to my aching chest, making me clutch the fabric on top of my heart in a natural reaction, before feeling my voice crack again, reminding myself to not jump to ridiculous conclusions.