ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: Eᴠɪᴇ

♡︎ 𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ♡︎

/ edited /

"Are you okay?" Zander quickly asked cautiously beside me, as we were on our way to the prison cells the next day, with my brothers walking a little ahead of us, and I chewed on my bottom lip.

"Yeah, I'm good, why?" I replied casually, trying to clandestine my anxiety through an adequate working voice, failing miserably after sounding a speaking in a higher-pitched voice.

"It's completely normal if you are scared baby, I'm going to be here with you the whole time, okay?" He asked hesitantly, which made me sigh out loud as I swung our intertwined hands a little bit, and he returned the same energy while doing it too.

"I don't have anything to be scared about." I mumbled quietly, looking away from his concerned gaze, and he just stared at my face for a few seconds while we were walking, before rubbing the back of his neck.

We didn't exchange any more words after that, as he knew that deep inside, whatever will be spoken in the next half an hour will affect me in some way. I tried to pep talk myself for many hours before encountering this, and it was not successful at all.

No matter how much I was trying to improve my thinking pattern, the same words keep playing over and over again, especially or torturing because I nebulously remember the day I was kicked out of the house.

I was just drawing with some crayons that day after seeing many of the moving trucks leave in front of the house, not getting any attention from my parents, as usual, only hoped that my creation of them holding hands with me on that piece of paper would gain something, and just stayed in my corner of the staircase, before being dragged by the arm and abruptly thrown out into the streets from my dad without an explanation.

I cried, tried to bang the door repeatedly, asking whether I did something wrong many times, getting no response other than the sound of the locking of doors, before seeing the shutting of the curtains from my mom, and nothing else.

Ever since that day, I have never asked anyone why I was thrown out of the house without any reason, it was too much for me to even listen to someone saying that they never wanted me in the first place, and that became an explanation to why my parents never accompanied me to the parents meet and greet during nursery and primary school, they didn't care, so I went alone, only to be bullied by other people over there.

It was fun.

Woohoo.

Zander wanted to come with me, not because he had the intention to lecture my parents, but to be there to let me know that if they said something wrong, it's not my apparent fault. He suddenly pulled me closer to him and just wrapped his arm around my shoulder protectively, making our footsteps match in synch, and I leaned on his side, accepting his way of comforting me, because I could see he was glaring into space.

I insisted that he shouldn't waste his time in meeting them with us, but he was too stubborn about it, and ended up coming anyway, which I couldn't be more thankful for.

"Just remember, if they say anything wrong about you, you will not listen to them." He spoke out loud, breaking the long silence between us, as we approached the cell block and saw many guards walking around us, as I looked at his jaw briefly before clutching the jean material in my fist.