ғɪᴠᴇ: ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴅᴀᴡɴ

♡︎ 𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ♡︎

/ edited /

'Sof?'

I was staring out the window doing nothing, hearing Evie finally speak after trying to communicate for a few minutes, hugging the borrowed suit jacket that Zander left bad behind to keep myself warm because my sweater was not helping me in fulfilling that job. I don't know where he went, but I don't know whether to be happy or sad.

'Hi Evie, are you feeling any better?'

'I'm much better now, we can shift at least. It would take me 2 more days to fully heal,'

'That's amazing! If you want we can go for a run whenever you want.' I sub-consciously smiled to myself, talking to my wolf was amazing. My wolf is not much of a talker, but she's never made me feel alone.

I remember when I was a kid, she would cheer me up whenever the kids used to bully me. Thanks to her, I survived most of my beatings, without her I would've been dead years ago.

I don't quite remember when the abuse started, maybe when I just became 13? Or 14? That was 2 years ago, normally werewolves have their first shift at the age of 16, but Evie came quicker than usual just to help me.

'Yass, we need to go on a run soon. Are your wounds healed?'

I touched my back to see my scars starting to fade slowly m, I even tried to lay on my back and it wasn't painful this time, I'm glad I made some progress with her, sighing deeply and smiling towards the window.

'Yeah, I can sleep properly now.'

'That's good. Where is mate? I didn't get to talk to him when we met.'

Thinking about Zander made me feel safe instantly. I can't believe he even wanted to talk to me after looking at my condition, it was truly an icy shock to me, and I at first couldn't fathom to convince myself about the fact that it was real. Many male wolves would've rejected their mates at my condition, but he didn't even think about rejection by the looks of his face.

I still think I don't deserve him. He made me feel wanted and cared for in my life, and I'm not supposed to have that. I don't know what I did to have him as my mate, I was mostly a disappointment to people ever since I was young. It was weird, and it was perplexing.

'He's gone. But I think he'll come back soon,'

My wolf started to purr like a cat when I talked about Zander, making me giggle quietly while cupping my cheek.

'How's his wolf eve?'

'He's amazing. His name is Atlas, I got to know that through the mating link, and my goodness, he's the best thing that has happened to me. I haven't spoken to him yet, but through the mate bond, he made me feel sparks which were healing me, can you imagine!'

I can tell Evie was smiling while talking about him, not being able to hold in her happiness at the meeting of her other half. I'm glad she was able to get a mate, even I'm very grateful to have a mate that is willing to talk to me, no matter what I am anyways.

'I think you should stop thinking about yourself like that, people will hate, people will love. The people who hurt us were nothing to us either, don't let their words affect you Sof,'

'I'm trying, it's just that I never had anyone else whom I could trust to get a second opinion, of course, Zuri was..wait.'

I completely forgot about Zuri.