ᴏɴᴇ: sʜᴀᴄᴋʟᴇs

♡︎ 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓 ♡︎

*Warning: Some disturbing/uncomfortable moments are present in this chapter which includes almost rape and abuse. You have been warned.*

♡︎ 𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ♡︎

/ edited /

"Sofia! Are you done with the dishes yet? We need 4 more plates!" My best friend,  Zuri shouts loudly from the entrance of the kitchen, almost in a rush as I struggled to listen to her with the cacophonous surroundings.

4 plates? Oh my, how much will these people eat?! A whole menu?

"On it!" I scream back, just after finishing the dishes from the morning shift and rushing towards the front. I quickly get 4 plates and fill it with the food that has been made by the pack chefs, balancing them as carefully as possible on my arms without making them fall to their doom, while I go to the dining hall of the pack house carefully, recording my movements.

The pack house was really big, our pack was one of the biggest pack in the local areas, making it difficult for me and many other people to sustain the population, and just serve them plainly like normal.

"Oof! Let me help you," Zuri insisted immediately, looking at me failing at balancing plates with a soft snicker, and takes two plates from my hand, while I smiled at her gratefully, finally comfortable in walking with a straight posture.

Zuri is one of people I'm the most thankful for in my entire life, much of my respect went towards her for the things she had done for me. Out of all the things that have happened to me, she was always by my side, never leaving me alone and never letting me down. She was like a sister I never had, and I couldn't thank the moon goddess for gifting me her a best friend.

"Thanks, really needed that." I complained while wiping my sweat, and she smiled back at me assuringly,  before going to the tables that ordered the food in the early hours of dawn.

"Can you hurry the fuck up woman? I have a conference call in like 30 minutes!" An obnoxious pack member grumbled out loud while banging the bench to get my attention, making me want to roll my eyes, but instead obliged like I'm supposed to.

'Isn't that enough time to eat? Why is this guy complaining? I would've taken a dump, eaten, cleaned the windows of 5 rooms and still would have a few minutes to spare in those 30 minutes. Jeezuz.'

'I think we could've even ran away in time before getting caught by the pack warriors too, don't you think Sof?' My wolf, Evie snorts for the umphth time, causing me to shake my head softly and carry on my serving, and she just booted me out of my mind.

Ever since the abuse from the pack started, she has been begging me to run away. I don't really blame her for telling me that, but at the same time, I couldn't.

I couldn't run away, the rogues were very vicious. I'm probably close to a twig and wouldn't be able to defend myself because of the lack of training like the other people of my age. I have no friends or family other than Zuri who would actually help me, and she herself was not given the best treatment in this place.

'Oh c'mon Evie, stop with the running away thing already.'

'No! I can't stop. I want to meet mate! We are stuck in this pack because of you and it's making our life a hell hole! Why don't you just agree with me for once and run away?!'  She shot back, causing me to almost trip because of the intensity of her voice, and I saved myself from further embarrassment before walking ahead.