Chapter 60

Present day

Manik left for office early today has he was working on that important project. Nandini spend her whole day with Jane and krrish. In the evening she has told jane to leave for the day after that she prepared dinner and was waiting for manik when her phone rang.

"Hello"she answered cheerfully.

"Hello nandini, I will be late today so please dinner karlena tum" manik said making nandini frown.

"Ap dinner nahi karenge" she asked.

"Nahi I will be late. Aur tum dinner jarrur karlena thk h now I got to go bye" saying this he hurriedly disconnected the call.
Nandini looked at the dinning table with a sad pout as all the food was set.  Getting bored of being all alone in the house she went to manik's study which has a library as well.

She started looking through some books when random picked few books and then kept them back. While looking through the books she saw a book between manik's files. She carefully pulled the book and started looking through it when she saw a photograph in that. It was a birthday photo graph in which many people where their whom nandini didn't recognised but she recognised raj who was standing beside a lady with a baby in her hand. It immediately came to know that it was manik's birthday party and the lady with them was neyonika. She was looking so beautiful in a white gown with a beautiful smile on her face.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

It was around 11pm when manik entered the penthouse. He saw the living room lights on so he moved there but found it empty when his eyes fell on the dinning table which was set making manik frown.

He removed the lids but saw the food was untouched.

"Nandini" he murmured dejectedly and went upstairs to their bedroom but saw it empty making him frown. He looked for her in the washroom and balcony but didn't found her making him worried now. He again went downstairs and checked all bedrooms and kitchen but she was not there.

"Nandini" he called and ran upstairs to take his phone but stopped seeing some light coming from his study room. He immediately went in and sighed seeing nandini sleeping on the couch with a book in her hand.

He carefully took the book out of her hold and saw it was the same book which he was reading he also saw the photograph in her hand making him sigh. Not wanting to disturb her sleep he carefully took her in his arm.

"Manik" she murmured while opening her eyes.

"Ap agae" she asked while encircling her  hands around his neck.

"Haan" he said and entered there room. He made her lay on the bed, nandini who was in half sleep again closed her eyes. Seeing her asleep manik went to get fresh. After shower he came out in the room but gets startled seeing nandini awake sitting on the bed.

"Kya hua??" Manik asked while sitting beside her.

"Ap kab ae" she asked in a sleepy tone and side hugged him.

"Abhi thodi der phle.......dinner kyo nahi kiya tumne I told u na have ur dinner" manik asked and said the last part sternly.

"I don't like eating alone" she mewed .

"Nandini" manik sighed and hugged her tightly.

"Come lets have dinner" saying this he took her downstairs and himself feeded her.

"Apne dinner karliya" she asked while eating.

"Haan  I was in office till late na toh had it there only." He replied and continued feeding her.