Chapter Sixteen: She's the key. You're just pawns.

Comenzar desde el principio

"What is your purpose! Lu-chan is seriously ill and so are her spirits-"

"You seem to be a smart girl...Levy was it? I think you should be able to wrap your head around this." Edward crouched in front of her and Gajeel yanked slightly on the restraints. "It isn't about Lucy at all. Her spirits will continue to attack until she either dies or ends her contracts."

"Lucy would never-" Lily started and Edward smiled evilly, shushing him.

"Lucy Heartfilia will fall, Lily." Edward said, standing. "She is the key. You are all just pawns."

"The key to what?" Gajeel asked, eyeing him. Edwards grin grew.

"To destroying the world and ending all magic."'

"What did he mean by that?" Gajeel thought out loud.

"I don't know but," Lily started, rotating his wrists in their restraints. "Lucy's condition will only worsen while we're trapped in here." Gajeel's jaw tightened as he stiffly brought his knees up. "What are you doing, Gajeel?" Lily asked.

"I ain't standing around while Levy and the others get hurt." He said, pushing his knees beneath him. He was now at the level he needed to be to stretch his neck enough to lock his teeth around one of the wrist restraints.

"What is he doing?" Rin asked as Gajeel bit down, growling as his teeth sliced through. He spat that piece out and smiled.

"Geehee. This is baby metal. These aren't even magic restraining." Gajeel said and bit down again.

"Is he....eating the handcuffs?" Rin asked and Lily sighed.

"Yeah...metals his favorite snack." Lily said in a bored tone.

"Is there a reason?"

"Are you familiar with Dragon Slayers?"

"Yeah."

"Gajeel here is a metal dragon slayer."

Rin gasped. "So he can eat- Oh goodness why didn't I think of that!" She hauled herself up to her knees and pulled her self up onto her feet slightly, seeing as she was rather short and locked her teeth around the restraint.

"What are you doing kid?" Gajeel asked, watching and his eyes widened as she yanked off a piece of metal with her teeth, smiling as spat the piece out.

"I'm the mimic dragon slayer! I'll explain more later first, let's get-"

The large door at the end of the cell block caused Gajeel and Rin to both to quickly scuttle back to their previous positions and Gajeel watched as Levy was dragged back by two men in cloaks and practically thrown back into her restraints. They were locked around her wrists and she groaned, looking up as the two men left her cell.

"These guys really don't like our guild marks." Gajeel noted, looking at the burn over Levy's mark. Tear tracks traced her cheeks and Gajeel watched her as the large door slammed shut. "You alright, Shrimp?" He asked.

"The only time..." She murmured. "I was in this much pain...was when you attacked me, Jet and Droy..." Gajeel's eyes widened as her shoulders heaved weakly and her chin fell to her chest.

"Hang in there, Shrimp." Gajeel murmured. "Rin-"

"Yes sir! Already on it!" Rin said, climbing back up.

"Lily, did you see where they put your sword?" Gajeel asked, stretching his neck towards the restraint. Lily nodded. "Once I get us free, you run like hell to get it. You got that?" He asked, the screech of Rin's restraint making him wince slightly. Lily nodded again and Gajeel smiled, latching his teeth on the cuff. With a growl, he yanked his head back, tearing a large part of the cuff off with it and he spat it out. "This isn't even good metal!" Gajeel complained.