Chapter 90

For the next two weeks, Harry and I pretty much lived in the hospital. We'd have breakfast at home, drive to the hospital, stay with our baby until lunchtime, then we'd go get lunch at a nearby restaurant, back to the hospital, then stay until the nurses came to take her for some tests and check-ups, which is when we'd go and have dinner, then stay at the hospital until around midnight before going back home to sleep.

I am extremely grateful for the team of nurses working with Victoria. Everyone was kind, genuine, and attentive. Especially Nurse Nina. She guided us through everything and kept us informed of Victoria's progress along with Doctor Melendez.

We got to change her diapers and clothes, and once her suckling response developed, I was able to breastfeed her. It was tough, she wasn't latching the first couple of times I tried and I felt like there was just something wrong with me. That she just didn't want me because she had been fed through a tube since she was born. Luckily, by the third time we tried, she latched and I breastfed my baby girl for the first time.

In these two weeks, Doctor Melendez and Nurse Nina told us that Victoria has made much progress, she gained the weight needed and her health is excellent. She also smiles a lot, especially when Harry holds her and sings to her.

Harry was supposed to have a boxing match last week, but he called Ray and told him to either reschedule or cancel it. Then, Ray appeared in our house asking him if he was insane and telling him that he has an obligation. To that, Harry replied with, "my obligation is with my daughter and my wife, your bald-arse wouldn't understand that because you don't have kids and your wife is cheating on you, just like you're cheating on her." I love this man so much.

Today it's Christmas and the day we get to take Victoria home. I did not sleep last night because I was so excited about today. The day we've been waiting for so patiently. Our family will come to visit later since they haven't been able to see our baby much.

Harry and I got a small gift for Doctor Melendez, Nurse Nina, and the other nurses who took such great care of our little girl. I don't think we'll ever be able to thank them enough for what they did for her and us.

We get to the NICU, and Nurse Nina is holding our little girl as another nurse gently slides a cute Christmassy headband on her. Yesterday, we had dropped off an outfit for her to wear, a Santa Claus onesie with a red headband that has a bow on it.

We give everyone their gifts and Harry takes Victoria from Nurse Nina's arms, then places her inside the baby car seat. I place a warm blanket over her and a cover over the car seat to protect her from the cold, winter air.

Many hugs and thank you's later, Harry and I walk out of the NICU and the hospital with our baby. We finally get to take her home.

Harry secures the car seat and I get in the backseat with our baby. Once Harry gets in the driver's seat and drives us home.

In preparation to welcome our baby home, we spent the whole week disinfecting every single surface of the house and placing hand sanitizer bottles in every room of the house. When our family comes tonight, we will ask everyone to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer if they want to hold Victoria. We don't want to take any risks that will send her back to the hospital.

***

Victoria has stolen the hearts of everyone in our family, even Lauren, who as soon as she looked at her baby cousin, she was all giggles and smiles, and would sit next to whoever was holding Victoria.

"God, she's perfect," Gemma says, her eyes glued to my baby's sleeping face.

"Of course she's perfect, she's our daughter," Harry says, smirking and Gemma rolls her eyes, shaking her head.

"What did the doctor say? Is she completely okay?" Anne asks.

I nod and tell them everything Doctor Melendez told us and what precautions to take.

After about an hour of talking and everyone having held Victoria at least once, we set her in her cute rocking bassinet and place her next to me at the dining table, where we are being served dinner. Harry brings in a blanket and drapes it over her tiny body.

As we ate, Moni said that she had a special announcement to make, then proceeded to say she and Marcus are expecting another baby. I could not be happier, I have everything I've always wanted. I have my precious daughter, an incredible husband, and a family that loves me and keeps growing.

I wish my dad was here and he could carry Victoria in his arms. I wish he could see how many people are being helped thanks to the centres we've opened. I wish he could see how happy I am, even though I know he sees everything from above. I just wish he could witness it all in person. I also know for a fact he's the one who sent Guillermo into my mother's life.

My life feels perfect. I know there are many more things to come and that we still have ups and downs to go through, but we've been through hell and back and are stronger than before. There's no obstacle we can't overcome.

After dinner, we decided to open the gifts and chat a little more before everyone left. I went into our bedroom with Victoria in my arms and sat on the bed, getting comfortable so I could feed her. I tried to remember everything the nurses told me and managed to get her to latch without any struggle.

Harry came in a few minutes later and joined me in bed, he leaned his head on my shoulder and sang softly to us while I fed our baby.

When I finished feeding Victoria, he burped her and put her to sleep, laying her down between us in bed.

"Sweetheart, how is it possible to love this much?" he asks in a whisper.

"I don't know," I say. "All I know is that I have so much love inside me and I feel like I'm going to explode."

"I love you, Sweetheart."

"I love you, Curly."
________________________________
A/N:
Me because they're finally together 🥰

"________________________________A/N: Me because they're finally together 🥰