Chapter 42

I steal a couple of gummy bears from the bag Harry is holding as he concentrates on the American football game he's watching. "Hey!" he exclaims, his head snapping in my direction and a smile breaks through his lips. I giggle and give him back two orange gummies.

"Here, you can have those. I don't like the orange ones," I say. He turns his attention back to the telly and pops the gummies into his mouth.

"You're missing out, they're great." I roll my eyes and look at the gummies I stole from him, separating them by colour before eating them one by one. I try to watch the game but I really can't get into it. I don't understand it at all. I check my social media before leaving my phone on the coffee table and falling asleep on the sofa.

"Touchdown!" I hear Harry exclaim, and I wake up startled. I groan and sit up, rubbing my eyes. Harry grabs my face in his hands and kisses me, smiling into the kiss. "Touchdown, Sweetheart!"

I nod and give him a little smile. "Yay," I say unenthusiastically. "Is dinner ready?"

"Maura said it will be ready in about ten minutes. Right when the game ends." I punch his arm lightly and he chuckles, pulling my body into his and wrapping his arms around me. "Watch the rest of the game with me, you slept through most of it."

I turn my face upwards to face him and place a kiss on the tiny scar under his chin. "I don't like this sport, babe. It's boring and I don't get it." For the remainder minutes of the game, I poke Harry's cheeks, pull on his hair lightly, touch his nose and keep annoying him in any way I possibly can.

Once the game is over, Harry and I walk to the dining room and sit down. "You're really annoying, you know that?" he says. I smile and nod, making him let out a laugh and shake his head.

"You know you love it when I annoy you," I say, cutting into the steak and taking a big bite.

"Eh," he shrugs. I squint at him and he smiles, biting his tongue. "I love you."

"I love you more, Curly."

We make conversation throughout dinner and he tells me lame jokes as we eat our dessert. Honestly, this boy is terrible with jokes, but I happen to find some of them actually funny.

"Sweetheart," I turn to look at him and reach over to wipe the corner of his lips where he had a little bit of frosting. "Thank you. I want to ask you a serious question."

"Okay... what is it?" he sips on his drink and I watch his Adam's apple move.

"What happened to your college classes? Are you not going anymore? I know you only went for a short amount of time."

I take a deep breath. "Well, you know with everything that happened, college has been the last thing on my mind. Besides, the times I went to class many people were asking me about you and wanted to take pictures with me, wanted me to get them your autograph... I didn't feel like a normal student, you know?" He nods. "Also, I have some ideas."

He raises an eyebrow, "what kind of ideas?"

"I've been thinking... well, with the things that happened, what I did... I know many people don't take mental illnesses seriously. They don't think they're a real issue when they are. There are many people out there that need to feel supported, that need to feel like they're not alone. And so what I've been thinking is to create like a support centre. A place where people can walk in and get the support they need. A place that has not only psychologists but also service dogs, you know? Maybe an arcade area, swimming pools, a gym, I don't know, a lot of other things. I want it to have a welcoming environment where everyone treats each other like family. And I want it to be free. A lot of people can't afford to get treated and if this place is free they can go there. If people want to donate money, they can. I mean we can have fundraisers and everything!" as I explain my idea to Harry, I start getting excited. I've been thinking about doing this for months. I meet Harry's eyes and see him resting his chin on his hand with a soft smile on his lips.

"I think that's a great idea, sweetheart. You're right, mental illness is not taken seriously and I support your idea 100%. I believe this can be a big thing, and I would like to help you with everything." He takes my hand in his, and when I think he's about to kiss my knuckles, but he turns it and kisses my wrist. Right where my scar is.

"You really think it's a good idea? You don't think it's crazy?"

"Of course not! This is such a great idea, love. I love it!" I smile and kiss his lips. "Let's do it, Sweetheart!"

"Thank you, baby!" I stand from my chair and wrap my arms around him. "I would like to start working on it as soon as possible. But there are so many things that I don't even know where to start."

"We need to find trustworthy people that can guide us through everything, first. It will take some time, but the sooner we start, the faster people can get help and not feel alone anymore." I sit on his lap, keeping my arms around his neck. "You're the kindest person I've ever met, Sweetheart. You're always thinking about others and I love that about you. Although our relationship did not start in a very usual way, and we were basically forced to get married, I'm actually glad it all happened. I didn't treat you the way you deserve to be treated, and I regret it. But I promise you that I will make it up to you. I will make you the happiest woman in the universe, my love. You're my queen, Scarlet." He wipes the few tears that escaped my eyes with the pad of his thumb. "I love you, beautiful."

"I love you, Harry. Thank you for supporting me with everything. You're my rock." I kiss the tip of his nose and after a few more minutes of saying cheesy things, we went to bed, falling asleep wrapped in each other's arms.

____________________________________
A/N: Hola peasants!

Here I leave you with a short chapter because halfway through it I ran out of ideas on what to write, I hope you enjoyed it! Im sorry it took me long to update, my laptop stopped working for a while because of a software update that didn't finalize or something. But it's working again, and I will try to update as soon as possible!

Thank you all for reading, commenting, and voting! I honestly love reading your comments because it lets me know that you're enjoying this fanfic ❤️

Don't forget you're all beautiful 💕

~Amy 🌺